PDA

View Full Version : Naples Air Centre, EFT, Orlando FT & Ormond Beach Aviation

AlexanderH
19th Jan 2010, 11:49
Dear all,

I'm finally at the stage where I am starting to select a flight school in the US to take my JAA PPL.
I have been advised by a retired Cathay pilot that I should go with a school that is recognised by the CAA.

This narrows the list down to four schools.

Naples Air Centre, European Flight Training, Orlando Flight Training and Ormond Beach Aviation.

Out of these four schools does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions?

Also, I would like to pursue the CPL after completion of the PPL but not necessarily in the US. Is it absolutely essential to study at these CAA recognised schools in Florida or is there anywhere else people can recommend to take the JAA PPL?

B2N2
19th Jan 2010, 12:34
I have been advised by a retired Cathay pilot that I should go with a school that is recognised by the CAA

What does "recognized by the CAA" mean?
Schools are certified not recognized...semantics I know.
Last September you were pretty much set on doing your FAA CPL, what changed?
I might be completely off the mark here but advise from somebody who completed their own flight training 30+ years ago and that hasn't kept in touch with the flight training world is nothing more than an opinion.

As stated by several posters on your Sept thread; you do not need a JAA PPL for the ATPL ground school enrollment.
It is also cheaper to do your flight training FAA and then convert in the UK.

As far as your above questions are concerned, do a search, there have been recent threads about all three mentioned schools.

Sent me a PM if you need additional info.

AlexanderH
19th Jan 2010, 12:43
Excuse me, I meant certified.

I would, however, prefer to do the JAA PPL rather than the FAA qualification.
I have read so much on all of the four schools listed, some good some bad. It is nearly an impossible choice to make.
That is why I thought I might look around for other schools in the US offering the JAA PPL qual.

ab33t
19th Jan 2010, 13:16
Dont go to OBA from personal experience , unless you have loads of money and time

AlexanderH
19th Jan 2010, 13:21
Yes I haven't heard too many good things about them.

Any JAA schools outide FL or California??

BillieBob
19th Jan 2010, 13:28
Schools are certified not recognized...semantics I know.If we're going to get picky, the correct term is 'approved', not 'certified'.

BA123
19th Jan 2010, 13:56
I know of a few people that went to OFT in 2008 and Their experience was not a good one.

They were on a Jaa ppl course and one of the students was taught FAA right up until the week before her skills test when all of a sudden the school realised this was wrong.

the other student was held back from going solo so the instructor could build more time out of her and when she asked for a new instructor she was told to go and find one herself.

Just be careful where and who you give your money too.

AlexanderH
19th Jan 2010, 14:03
I haven't heard too much bad press re EFT.

Anyone got any views?

wheelbrace
19th Jan 2010, 14:07
...all hogwash; they are, indeed, given the tick in the box for hanging the right certificates on the wall and being obliging to the inspectors on the day.

Should things not work out, however, there is little meaningful recourse; the UK CAA hold no legal responsibilty. The school is in the US of A and subject to their legal system and legal costs.

If you do embark upon pond jumping, please consider what I have written and - I implore you - do not put down any more than $1000 dollars up front. Pay by credit card, having checked with the card provider for confirmation of cover, and ensure that the school abides by the requirements laid down by the UK CAA as outlined in the following document:

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Standards%20Document%2036%20v2.pdf

Note in the title 'Guidance'. this is a weasel word. Paranoia should be your natural state while you are training. This is an excellent guide to what you should expect even if you are just doing a PPL.

WB

BillieBob
19th Jan 2010, 15:18
....ensure that the school abides by the requirements laid down by the UK CAA as outlined in the following document:Although this document (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_39.PDF) is probably more relevant to schools in the US.

paulthepilot
19th Jan 2010, 16:01
I'd listen to B2N2 and do your FAA PPL. I did a CAA PPL with UKFT back in 97 and I couldn't fault them (mainly because I had a good instructor) but you have got a handful of schools in the States aimed at Brits coming over and they know once you are there you're committed. You have got hundreds (possibly thousands) aimed at Americans and these wont survive if they are not up to scratch. Americans wont put up with it! Plus you get your night rating with the FAA PPL I believe.

wheelbrace
19th Jan 2010, 16:39
BillieBob - thanks for the update - I was unaware of the document and too idle to research it further. Bad Toad!

AlexanderH - what size pot are you stirring?

AlexanderH
19th Jan 2010, 18:05
What do you mean by that?

wheelbrace
19th Jan 2010, 21:53
AlexanderH - 'What do you mean by that?'

I am trying merely to establish that your spoon is sized to the pot you intend to stir.

grob master
19th Jan 2010, 23:25
Unless you are willing to put up with poor management, no maintenace department, disgusting accomidations, constantly broken aeroplanes, and pissed off flight instructors that arent getting paid..... Stay away from *******************!!!!! I really cant believe this place is still in business.

(edited to remove a name, WWW)

suntorytimo
20th Jan 2010, 11:20
I'm in the same boat, looking for somewhere in the states to do the JAA PPL. I also noticed that in addition to the Florida schools you mentioned, American Aviation Academy in California also offers JAA training, I'm interested to hear from anyone who has been there, or to OFT or EFT. I've heard too many bad things about OBA and NA to be willing to consider them right now.

destinationsky
20th Jan 2010, 11:47
Ive been to EFT to do my PPL. I would highly recommend them. They did exactly what they said they would do. I completed my PPL training within 20days and had the skills test on the 21st day. (Time includes 5 theory exams - i did 2 before i left the UK).
There was no messing around waiting for aircraft or instructors and i had a great time.
PM me if you need to ask any specific questions!
Mike

suntorytimo
20th Jan 2010, 20:55
EFT sounds promising! How was the accommodation while you were there?

destinationsky
21st Jan 2010, 11:16
The accommodation was ok. Not 5 star but its fine for a month or so. To be honest, its really cheap and only 2 minutes walk from the school so you cant really complain! Its also handy to share with other people at the school as you can help each other when you get stuck!

suntorytimo
21st Jan 2010, 16:38
That sounds great, was worried after reading about rancid bedding at NAC and OBA, and cockroach infestations! Thanks for the information!

ShipShape 79 Charlie
23rd Jan 2010, 20:41
The new owner of OBA has a trail of disasters going back to early 2000.........search for International Flight Training Academy or IFTA on this forum to see!! I wonder if it's his name that had to be removed by WWW?

It would seem that he has stamped his usual trade mark on the business already, no maintenance, employees not being paid, broken aircraft.........be very careful with your money guys the next move is to manipulate your accounts and cancel visa's if you object, there are many students that this guy has ripped off.

thannawa
23rd Jan 2010, 22:46
Dear AlexanderH,

Have you given thought to warm and sunny San Diego, California? We have fewer rainy days than Florida, and no hurricanes! Not to mention, we also have Disney Land and SeaWorld San Diego.

TheChiefPilot
24th Jan 2010, 16:58
The long term owner is now back in the UK so I understand and the New Owner who has profited from poor unsuspecting students on at least 2 occasions first time in the UK and then back in the US with IFTA, I personally know guys who were owed money for wages and students who had paid money in good faith, only to loose it because this individual does not care about who he takes for a ride, as long as he makes money.

I can not believe the UK CAA still allow him to operate a UK FTO and act as an Examiner as the first line in the Examiners Hand Book states the person should be of moral Integrity.

He has had CAA investigations into his alleged past and regulation 6 appeals about the way he conducts flight test which the CAA upheld and refunded the students the Exam CPL test Fee approx $1000.00

So be careful where you go and do some very careful background checks.

I dont want anybody falling into the situation I have seen time and time again.

I think Ship Shape 79 Charlie is spot on with this one.

Safe Landings

TCP

ale_mcdowel
25th Jan 2010, 19:30
Where should i start.... It looks like everybody has a lot of different opinions over the european flight schools in Fl. I have been to 2 of the four schools mentioned in this post and its my pleasure to say that OBA, which is called now EASA, has been nothing but very profesional to me and did my commercial conversion to JAA in a matter of 3 weeks and couldn't do it faster because of the weather. They are in a great position right now, with a lot of certified JAA instructors, planes that don't break very often and great staff. In the other hand....I had the infortune of being in NAC and cannot say that had a good experience. Just did the ATPL groundschool and left due to a very big ATPL class and they didnt have enough infrastructure to cope with all the students at once. So they just hold you down for the money until you finish your training, and dont matter the time length it takes to finish it. It can be a month or 3 before you start commercial JAA. So you decide... Have a good day!!!!!!:ok::D:E

Bubi352
25th Jan 2010, 19:55
What is Ormond Beach Aviation/ EASA website? Their old website www.flyoba.com and their supposedly new one www.flyeasa.com both don't work - at least with me.

Katamarino
27th Jan 2010, 15:24
I got my PPL with EFT in 2005, and found them fine. No complaints, although of course that's a few years ago.

AlexanderH
28th Jan 2010, 16:54
Got my class 1 medical today. Pretty much decided on the school I'm going to fly with.
That only took 6 months to decide!!

skylarker1983
29th Jan 2010, 09:27
Anyone who wants to get an actual students account of OBA feel free to PM me. :ok:
I did all my PPL there 2 years ago then went back for 100 hours, CPL and multi, so have a good idea of what im talking about! :)

AlexanderH
31st Jan 2010, 12:13
I bought the Pooley's PPL study books but I'm not starting my course until April so I am starting to read the books myself. At the moment I'm reading the Flight Training (Book 1) book and most of is common sense so far.
Obviously the books are numbered - should I read them in that order or if not which order is best?

Thanks

strappy
31st Jan 2010, 16:12
I can't comment on other people's experiences at EASA, but I got back from there a couple of weeks ago and I had a fantastic time.

Had my skills test lined up for my last day there but the weather got the better of me sadly (according to the local press the period I was there for was the worst spell they'd had for 25 years) so am finishing off back in Guernsey where I'm based as I couldn't extend. Unfortunate but I can't blame the school for it as they pushed the boat out, bending over backwards to try and get me finished in time, on the flip side I was intending to do some local familiarization training back home anyway.

I had no probs with money or the staff, it was all as advertised in my opinion, and my instructor Simon was brilliant.

I've blogged about my time there at www.mikestratford.co.uk (http://www.mikestratford.co.uk)

daveyb
2nd Feb 2010, 19:43
i also trained at OBA and had no problems there was an issue with the radio on the acft which was fixed there&then by the mechs.
and prior to the skills test i was fully briefed on what to expect from the examiner.

I-NNAV
2nd Feb 2010, 20:34
Hi!
I hope that the EFT changed his fleet, becouse when I been there 2 years ago the Ari Ben Aircraft were very old and not so well manjteined: I had a engine failure during take off, a friend of mine once during landing, and enother guy had flames from the duchees engine during a nite flight..
See You
Vanni

smokie78
3rd Feb 2010, 18:46
so OBA are EASA!? They dont seem to have prices on their website, seems like EFT and EASA are recommended from what im reading here, which one did you choose and when you going

minaldabasia
6th Feb 2010, 11:46
Hey guys...im currently at EFT on the APP, all i can say is that im enjoying it. Aircrafts are there and the sky is the limit as to where you can go. the ATPL are self study just like all exams that you will do there. Instructor are there to help if you need help on the theory but u'll normaly find some student there to help you out first.
In comparrsion to other school you do pay a price for the services that you are offerd. NAC you get the ATPL in a class room but the housing is not included. where as EFT is it, and it is on campus so you walk to class/lesson. All the instructors are JAA FI and FAA CFII so you get the best off both if your on the FAA and JAA route.
need more info just PM.
Minal Dabasia

suntorytimo
7th Feb 2010, 12:16
Have you actually been to any JAA flight school in Florida?

smokie78
10th Feb 2010, 18:50
Hey guys,
i have finally decided i will do my training for the PPL in Florida, just havent decided on the school....i know there are posts from people on here saying stop being a cheapskate and train in your home country etc, but Florida is all i can afford...i know there are similiar posts but i would appreciate views from people that have actually gone to one of these schools for the PPL course....so posts,views and pms would be much appreciated
cheers

daveyb
10th Feb 2010, 20:19
hi smokey,

i trained at oba along with a mate who has managed to get a job with FR we had no problems while there if you need any more info pm me.

daveyb

actionplane
11th Feb 2010, 02:22
Hi mate how much would you consider to spend in accommodation plus food in EFT ?? in us dollars

ab33t
11th Feb 2010, 12:09
Yep and I trained at OBA last year and had a disater from day one a one week course turned into a 6 weeks course . I was not the only one , there were several that went home with no PPL.

suntorytimo
11th Feb 2010, 21:05
ab33t, any chance you could elaborate? Which one week course were you doing and how did it end up lasting 6? Also could you tell us why some people went home without PPLs?

Thanks

smokie78
12th Feb 2010, 16:51
hey action.....dont know what your getting at, do you mean it costs a fortune for food and accomadation, and had i thought of this beforehand? well i have thought of it, but it still way way cheaper

overclock25
14th Feb 2010, 17:08
DON'T go to OBA!

Last july all of 7 guys for the JAA PPL course didn't pass the skill test.

The reason is simple, the examiner is the owner of the school and is just a moneygrabber! All of these guys flew between 10 and 30 hours more than the expected to get the licence!

For them is just a business, the structure and the organization is very poor, lots of extra costs! It was just my (orrible) experience!!!!

Don't go there!!!!!

Venkman
16th Feb 2010, 16:32
Just finished CPL/ME with OBA/EASA, anyone who wants an independant point of view, feel free to PM me.

AlexanderH
7th Mar 2010, 12:29
Has anyone been to European Flight Training recently? It would be great to get some opinions on the school if possible.

zooom
7th Mar 2010, 17:52
Also no good experience with OBA, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone..
GOLD RULE Do not pay in advance to any of JAA schools in Florida

mauli747
13th Mar 2010, 13:19
I know, this is not really new and there have been many threads around dealing with OBA/EASA and the way how things go there - but yes, I also have been blinded by the advertised low costs.
It is definitely NO place where you want to learn flying or do any kind of flight training. Teaching methods are poor and there is NO interest of getting you (fast) through their courses. You end up flying and flying. Airplanes are in a sad condition (except some repainted) and from what I saw, the ME airplane (PA44) seems to be right from the junkyard. Nothing you want to fly with or even sit in.
If anyone is still considering flight training at this FTO and is in any doupt - get in contact with me.
I will also get in contact with the UK CAA about this FTO, their methods and the condition of their planes. I hope, they close them down soon anyway.
Regards from my side (i know OBA, you are reading this)

AlexanderH
15th Mar 2010, 01:04
Got 4 weeks to go until I start my PPL training. Still got to read through Aviation Law and Navigation. Is it possible to complete these in the time left?

Cheers

wheelbrace
15th Mar 2010, 10:22
I would concentrate on Air Law; nebulous, theoretical, wordy and nerdy. Remember there are slight differences FAA/JAA. Always ask questions but be prepared for BigGrecian to suggest you look for your own answers.

I found Nav. was difficult until put into context, so I would put that book to one side until actually doing it (not in the cockpit, you understand...).

Capt Loop
15th Mar 2010, 21:11
I used OBA in September last year and it was a complete waste of money.

No proper preflight briefings.....

Had to keep making sure I was in the schedule.....

Keen to take money but with no intention of completing the courses I wanted......

A real dissapointment as I had used them 15 years before.

AlexanderH
15th Mar 2010, 23:09
Erm, I've just completed the exercise 2 questions and answers section on the Pooley's radiotelephony book and noticed something weird..........
"You are passed an instruction to which you are unable to conform. Your response should be......?"

This is what the answer at the back says, "Cleared for take off"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

wtf?:ugh:

I've noticed three or four typos and errors in these books. Has anyone else used these books and noticed the same mistakes????

Pitch+Power
24th May 2010, 16:17
Just back from EASA.
Great experience. Got done in minimum time with minimum fuss.

Those so called nasty characters I kept reading about, personally helped me get finished.
I felt most the staff there did what they could to help me through.

Talking to students.. most complaints were people trying to get a PPL in 3 weeks.. and if they were less than up to scratch blaming the school.
Get real.. some will get done in minimum time, others will need longer.. law of averages.

I personally KNEW I needed more time, as I had not flown for a while.
I was never pressured into more flying, and never asked to pay up front. Only asked that my account stay in credit.

Thanks to everyone there at EASA.. and will def. return for some more flying.

AlexanderH
27th May 2010, 23:29
Completed my PPL at Fly EFT a few days ago. All was very good. Anyone feel free to PM me any questions. I would recommend the place to anyone.

9287Excellent
3rd Jun 2010, 04:33
I have experience with Orlando Flight Training, did my PPL and hours building with them...message me if you want more information.

blackbeast
3rd Jun 2010, 06:53
"overclock25 Say :

DON'T go to OBA!

Last july all of 7 guys for the JAA PPL course didn't pass the skill test.

The reason is simple, the examiner is the owner of the school and is just a moneygrabber! All of these guys flew between 10 and 30 hours more than the expected to get the licence!

For them is just a business, the structure and the organization is very poor, lots of extra costs! It was just my (orrible) experience!!!!

Don't go there!!!!!
"

Not, realy just, but not realy false :-)

I was there in July 2009 but I need to do 2 time my skill test, but I get my PPL...and yes this school like money, very, very much, I need to pay again to finish the PPL, and of course I did my PPL not in 3 weeks but in 5 weeks...

good luck for student to OBA/EASA

gg190
17th Jun 2010, 20:51
Stay as far away from Orlando Flight Training (OFT) as possible.

I won't mud sling in public, PM me if you want details of why they should be avoided.

alexd
6th Aug 2010, 16:05
I am going to Florida this autumn to take the courses from zero to jaa cpl..
I think I will do my instrument rating in the uk, rather than converting it from faa ir..

I was thinking to choose NAC (naples air center) or EFT ... any recommendations ?

till now, I have heard good things about eft, but nothing about nac :rolleyes:

James78Au
7th Aug 2010, 17:46
Hi AlexD

im thinking of one of these two schools too. PM and we can discuss it

alexd
8th Aug 2010, 14:18
Hi James .. PM sent :-)

I think I will choose EFT because I've reed some bad things about NAC lately..

aerobator
21st Aug 2010, 21:38
James & Alex

I'm looking to go stateside and go from zero to hero in x amount of weeks. Looking to do this from mid October (2010) and was wondering if anyone else is going around this time and would like to form a group to do this. Also have you thought about the west coast option.

If interested, please PM so we can discuss

Aerobator

Clintonb
24th Aug 2010, 03:22
i been also looking into EFT and have heard good things about them from the students ive been chatting to. Im thinking of going the APP course, you also get your instructors ratings. i want to get an ATPL JAA as im european citizen and if you not american citizen or resident there is no chance of working in regional or major but you can instructor with the working visa permit. but money is tough at the moment so been debating whether there is any cheaper way. Has anyone gone to the states and done their full FAA MEI CPL and converted it to JAA???
is it an ordeal and long process?
what do you need to do?
is it just the JAA IR you need to do?
what exams do you have to take?
and how many hours do you need to fly?

Cpt. Chris
15th Sep 2010, 20:07
Self study!?? i thought they provided Ground school for the ATPL like Orlando Flight Training and NAC, also how are the student to instructor ratio over there??

Cheers!
Christian

Pete Dog
20th Sep 2010, 21:38
I did my JAA PPL in NAC in October 2007. I got my licence in 47hrs and I had a great time. My instructor was second to none (ask for Nikki). I'm back in the UK and up to 105 hours now and planning on doing my ATPL exams next year. PM me if you have any questions.

waveydavey
9th Nov 2010, 09:12
Anyone recently been to EFT? I see from the website that they do not provide bedding in the accomodation - does this mean bring your own sheets or bring your own sheets, pillows, duvet etc?

cheers

AlexanderH
11th Nov 2010, 14:38
EFT is a great place.

You do have to provide your own bedding but these are easily found in the local Walmart for a reasonable price.

XMurmeli
13th Nov 2010, 16:17
Anyone here starting the APP course in EFT on next January?

kittyhawk3734
21st Nov 2010, 19:16
Age old question here, which flight school in the US to go with?

I had up until now thought about going with NAC, a couple of friends are flying commercially and had done there ppl with them, but i must admit it was years ago.
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.
and also is it practical to allow 4 weeks for a ppl if I sat a few exams in the uk?

many thanks

rmcb
22nd Nov 2010, 00:10
kittyhawk3734;

Seeing as you're in Bedfordshire, have you considered Bonus Aviation at Cranfield?

No, I don't work for them - but they unravelled and repaired the crap dished up in Florida.

With the current exchange rate, it is definitely no cheaper to train in the US.

Just a thought...

Pitch+Power
4th Dec 2010, 15:43
repaired the crap dished up in Florida

wow.. pretty good that someone can attend EVERY flight school in Florida

:ugh:

King John
10th Jan 2011, 16:57
I highly consider to start the October course on EFT. I've thought about EFT for a quite long time now, but since reading this thread my plans just became stronger.

It would be really interesting to hear some more reviews from someone who have recently completed the APP program, or from some student at EFT. Is there really nothing to complain to?

How is it to work as an instructor afterwards?

Mojo_69
11th Jan 2011, 23:13
I went to EFT last year, and am really glad that I chose them. I only did my PPLs (JAA, and separate FAA) + night rating, but the ATPL / APP guys looked like they were having a good time!?! There must be downsides with every place; the most salient I can think of at EFT (which they have little control over) is that the complex single (a Piper Arrow) is well-known to be often out of action. However, this wasn't an issue for me, as there are loads of 172s, plus some Warriors - they have access to far more than they should for a school their size (as they have preferential booking over Aviator, the FAA flight school on the same premises). I suppose they must have trained me well, as I came straight back to do my complex endorsement in the UK (around London), and both instructor & examiner seemed very happy with my flying (or maybe I benefited from Mooney beginner's luck?)! :eek:

By the same virtue, the facilities seemed way above what you would expect for a 'small' JAA flight school - they (along with Aviator) have moved into the old Pan Am Academy - very nice! Really liked the airfield too - Class D with three runways, one of which was purpose-built for bashing out circuits (so you're not waiting for instrument traffic to do their thing).

Sorry if it sounds like it's all roses; I was even accused of not being a 'real' person on a previous post! :ooh: I might have just been lucky with my experience & others may vary - nor have I been to any other flight school, so maybe they're even better?! I'm just relieved - as I was a bit paranoid before I went - that my research paid off & I came back a safe & happy pilot, with all the right bits of paper! :E

Good luck!

Mojo

King John
13th Jan 2011, 11:54
Thank you for your post Mojo!

It sure looks like a great school. I'll probably schedule them a visit soon, if possible. :)

erdozen
21st Jan 2011, 13:10
Hi guys Im from Turkey Im copter pilot with 2000 hours. I intended to be trained in US ,I have been researhing but wasnt able to choose. Could anybody help me about which is the best school in terms of price and reliability?

HLJHLJ
22nd Jan 2011, 07:21
Apolgies for butting in, but their didn't seem much point starting a new thread in private flying, when this one is active.

I'm currently in Ecuador and had been training for my PPL in the UK, I have nearly 40 hrs (inc some solo) and all my exams. However, I've not flown for many months so I reckon I'll need at least another 15 hours, probably more. I've been back to the UK and couldn't get a single flight in because of the weather. Plus it's a lot cheaper and easier for me to get to USA.

I've been looking at EFT but they seem really pricey ($220 ph :eek:) . But they do still seem to be getting good reviews. How realistic is it to be fairly sure of good weather for a week or two? I can fly direct to Miami or Houston, and as I'll be short of time I'd rather stay close to one of those if possible. But if weather is going to be a big issue, I'd rather go elsewhere.

Mojo_69
23rd Jan 2011, 17:02
There must be loads of people on here that know far more about Wx in those regions.... But as no-one's responded yet, here's my mini-experience:

I was at EFT for (I think) about 6 weeks, during which time it was very rare not to be able to fly. There were two periods in the 6 weeks where no-one flew for a couple of days (as we were affected by hurricanes elsewhere), but that was late summer, during which time it was painfully hot! In practical terms, everyone could fly every day; the only issues were that cumulus & thunderstorms would gradually build up, but they also dissipated very quickly. The only wx issue that was at all reminiscent of the UK was that low-level cloud seemed to build up on the E coast of Lake Okeechobee later in the day, which was a consideration if going anti-clockwise around the lake for a long nav - e.g. qualifying x-country.

Put simply, unless I was unlucky & a hurricane was in the Gulf of Mexico (this was hurricane season, & it therefore happened a couple of times), I flew at least twice a day, every day, including weekends and then flew additional night flights (which were fantastic in that area)!

Houston I have far less experience with, other than a quick trip to Ellington Field, to see mates at the Collings Foundation (who have the only civillian Phantom in the world :E ). Ellington Field was apparently chosen by NASA for training partly because it has some of the most reliably-good flying weather in the US. But I didn't get to fly all weekend (other than a quick trip in the Huey) because the wx was so bad! (Although I think their idea of 'bad' weather is what UK pilots call 'great' weather!) ;) So it goes to show - wx is a bitch!

Mojo

HLJHLJ
25th Jan 2011, 02:22
Thanks Mojo_69, I was thinking about Sept/Oct time, but I might try and rejig it for next spring instead.

James78Au
30th Jul 2011, 20:00
Has anyone had any recent experience with EFT's APP or Naples Career Pilot Program?