PDA

View Full Version : Flash Player 10 making Pprune 'unresponsive'

mcdhu
19th Jan 2010, 09:00
Is anyone else getting the annoying message when pruning something like 'Flash Player 10 is running a script which might make you cptr unresponsive. Do you want to terminate it Yes/No' . And by this time it has frozen everything. Clicking on 'Yes' to terminate achieves nothing except a permanent egg timer. The only solution is to come out of AOL and restart it and go back to Pprune. It has happened on the Rumours and News and also on my own Airline's Forum.

AOL Bb, Win Xp SP3 Dell Inspiron

cheers
mcdhu

Sprogget
19th Jan 2010, 09:14
It is reasonable to blame wars, famine and plagues on AOL. I would start there.

mad_jock
19th Jan 2010, 10:17
I have had other strange things with flash 10 though.

With thread on web cams and microphones and the cookies it stores I set my system up to get rid of them and deactivated the web cam etc.

Now quite a few things which used to work fine have stopped working and hang the browser tab.

My suspision is that the advert's in PPrune are causing you grief. If you install an ad blocker that should solve your problem.

Saab Dastard
19th Jan 2010, 12:01
mcdhu,

Are you running an ad-blocker? If not, you should - AFAIK, the only things using Flash on PPRUNE are ads.

If using FF, also consider NoScript.

SD

mcdhu
19th Jan 2010, 14:43
Yes, I think it is one of the ads. Personally, sprogget, I have had little or no problem with AOL and find their Bb fast and stable otherwise I would change!

Saab and Mad Jock - any suggestions for a good ad blocker that worls with IE please.

Thanks all,
mcdhu

Saab Dastard
19th Jan 2010, 14:46
I find that IE7Pro works, but I only use IE for testing and occasional compatibility purposes. I don't know if it works with IE8.

I use FF 98% of the time.

SD

BOAC
19th Jan 2010, 15:23
Adobe Forums: Adobe Flash Player 10 Error Message (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/479989?tstart=0)

af0.net have an adblocker for IE8 'adblock IE'