PDA

View Full Version : Any pilots flying in offshore here??

alo222
18th Jan 2010, 07:44
Hello All,

I have applied for a helicopter flight administrator position (located in offshore) a brazilian company. The company is talking about POB and Da Vinci program..I am wondering what the job details are even if I have a little idea about it. So if somenone could specify more precisely, it would be very helpful...

Many thanks

Olivier

eivissa
18th Jan 2010, 14:10
I am not sure if I understand your question, but if you want to know what "POB" and "Da Vinci" means...

POB = People on board. Usually part of a radio call to tell the controller how many persons are aboard the aircraft. Will be handy once rescue service has to be coordinated.

"Da Vinci" -> There is a modified version of the Agusta A109S Grand which is called the "Da Vinci". As far as I know it has been modified to meet the needs of the Swiss HEMS / Recue Service "REGA". Though I cant imagine that this is the meaning in your case.

LogMan
19th Jan 2010, 15:15
Da Vinci is a POB system. A POB system is a computer program to keep a list of personnel on board an offshore installation. It also tracks the helicopter flights to and from the installation and provides other facilities. I believe that Da Vinci is produced by a Scandinavian company. There are other POB systems available (including my own which is also in use in Brazil)