PDA

View Full Version : CPL SEP/MEP LAssors question

jonnyhock
17th Jan 2010, 18:32
Hi, ive looked through Lassors for the answer to this but im still not clear, i was hoping someone could offer some insight?

If i have complete the CPL on a Single Engine Complex type (the Arrow for arguments sake) i understand that i would then need to complete a Multi Engine Rating in order to qualify me to fly commercial ops on a multi engine aircraft.
However if i were to complete the CPL (the latter 8 hours) on a Seminole would this ONLY qualify me for Multi engine commercial ops? would i then require a single engine rating for single engined commercial ops, or would the SEP rating attached to my JAR PPL cover this?

Many thanks in advance

sparks-flying
17th Jan 2010, 18:49
Hi Jonnyhock

If you already have an SEP rating, which it sounds like you do have on an existing PPL, it will be attached to your new CPL, along with the MEP (from CPL skills test), when it is issued.

Hope this helps

SF

jonnyhock
17th Jan 2010, 19:06
Many thanks for replying, yes i do have a UK issued PPL with an attached SEP rating. I thought that this was the case in the first instance however recently an instructor advised me to the contrary, i think he was getting the FAA regulations confused with the JAA regs.

Thanks again.

M_Wall13
8th May 2011, 21:40
Is it ok if I ask if the same would apply if the PPL was FAA issue, if i only completed a JAA MEP CPL?