PDA

View Full Version : Tony Corr

JimBall
17th Jan 2010, 13:58
For those unaware, helicopter instructor & CPL Tony Corr was killed in Friday's FW crash near Oxford Airport. An unbelievably nice guy, an organic pilot and a great colleague.

There's a way to post messages for his family on this thread (http://www.pprune.org/where-they-now/402399-death-anthony-corr-post5450323.html).

DOUBLE BOGEY
17th Jan 2010, 17:20
Did not know Tony but sad news hope his family are coping.

DB

helihub
18th Jan 2010, 04:49
The other fatality in the Oxford FW accident was also a helicopter owner/pilot

iainms
18th Jan 2010, 16:51
If it was the Tony Corr I knew in the army in early 80s, im shocked, a calm cool guy,not many men I know would have walked in his shoes.
RIP Tony

EOD
18th Jan 2010, 22:12
What more can I add to the comments already posted. I believe they speak volumes to the kind of guy that Tony was. I have known Tony for over 30 years, and served in the same trade in the army as him. I have flown with him on a number of occasions, and this was always a pleasure.I will never forget the weekend in Wales that we had several years ago, with him piloting his helicopter, and letting me have a 'go' with the machine. Such was his generosity that he would not take a penny from me. I told Tony that he should write a book on his life experiences. It would have been a good read! However, with the lifestyle that he led, I don't think he would have had time to read a book, let alone write one. Tony, you did'nt deserve to go yet my friend, but I know that you packed more into your life than most. You were a bloody good pilot and soldier, I will miss you so much, and I can only say to those who never met him, it was your loss.

blme
24th Jan 2010, 16:04
Yes HeliHub, Tony's friend Richard was a heli/fixed-wing pilot/owner.

They both were delightful, wonderful, happy, amazing, kind gentlemen.

And I feel privileged to have been in their company. They truly will never be forgotten.