PDA

View Full Version : Best Airline To Work

Luibar
16th Jan 2010, 14:22
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I’ve been following what have been said about companies in Middle East. Based on comments I elaborate a list of best airlines to work for regarding job security, quality of life, happiness and terms and conditions on a general way. Here it goes:
1. Saudia
2. Oman Air
3. Ethiad
4. Emirates
5. Air Arabia
6. Jazeera
7. Qatar Airways
8. Watanya

Of course it´s my list. Your opinions please.

Happy landings

stylo4444
16th Jan 2010, 15:24
I expect quite a bit of laughter on number 4.

Duh
16th Jan 2010, 15:34
You forgot the Granddaddy of them all. Goof Air :}

JONOAHBFN
16th Jan 2010, 16:01
What about Air Atlanta Icelandic

sheikhmahandy
17th Jan 2010, 05:14
Two years ago, EK should have been on that list. Maybe even a little higher. However, in the present day environment, it doesn't even deserve to be in a list of "BEST AIRLINE" and I am actually embarassed you think it should be !!!!:ugh:

Pilots are shattered, fatigued and depressed. Cabin crew standards have slipped alarmingly as they can't wait to leave and don't care about the job anymore. CRM exists despite the company and not because of it. The company has lost it's family atmosphere some time ago and replaced it with a dictatorship. You are now only a necessary evil and not a valued asset and are treated as such on a daily basis. The sad thing is that higher management either don't realise what is happening to the troops on the front line or worse, don't care. It is not new planes that make an airline, it is the people that keep the punters coming back and those people are leaving in droves!!!:mad:

It is sad to see such a situation develop. The errosion of the very reason we came, will be the motivator for our departure.:ugh:

Many, many crew are trying to leave.

I am one.

I think an amendment to the list is required!!!

mutt
17th Jan 2010, 05:26
1. Saudia :ok::ok::ok::ok:

Finally we get a number 1 slot for something....... but what Saudia are you talking about?

Saudi Airlines
Saudia Private Aviation
Saudia - Air Atlanta
Saudia - Onur Air
Saudia - Atlas Jet
Saudia - Southern Air (I think)

Is it really that good? Or are there so few native English speakers that frequent Pprune? I would suggest that you compile the list again in 2011 and see how it has changed with the influx of new pilots.

Mutt

Capt Hair Y Balls
17th Jan 2010, 12:49
What about RAK airways ?????

Surely this is one of the best jobs around, c'mon boys I recall seeing those (or sould I say that) b757's flying around.

Luibar
18th Jan 2010, 15:19
Thanks folks for your replies.

Duh,

To be honest I don't really know where to put Gulf Air on that list.

JONO,

Sorry, but I think it doesn't qualify!

SNAM,

Yes I did accept that. I'm just trying to get an accurate picture (whatever that means) of the players.

Sheik,

So lets put EK in the bottom of the list, Last place maybe.

Mutt,

Saudi Airlines.
I don't know if it's that good, but at least I saw very positive comments about it. Also there's some people giving what seem's to be a very accurate point of view of what to expect from this airline (like yourself).

Capt Hair

No comments

Once again,
many thanks
Happy landings

Dixons Cider
19th Jan 2010, 02:17
The one that rewards you well for your efforts, the that respects you as a person and an employee, the one that makes you feel part of something and as a result you actually want to go the extra mile when needed, the one with rostering practices that enable to have a life...I could go on but you get the point.

It doesnt exist in the gulf.

canadair1
19th Jan 2010, 13:41
Gulf Air in the seventies and early eighties was the most enjoyable airline to work for and passengers to fly with, second to none, left the rest way behind and those words or the like were regularly voiced by pax. The International awards were to cement the airlines service up there for the followers to try and reach.
The flight is only as good as the service and how it is given.
If a company gets it's selection and recruitment right, the stars shine bright.
Unfortunately where there is good there is bad.
Too many had their hands into the GF purse, soon the books balanced no more, that being only part of the ongoing problems of a once great airline.
Initially it was Emirates which began the head hunting from GF which was excelling with its team and then the emerging Gulf airlines needing proven stars.
To say that Gulf Air do not rate now is fair comment, one could not say it before as the babies of the Gulf airlines did not exist, it was in the main GF stars that lit their lights and still do.
In it's day it was the leader, the airline of choice, sadly no more.

Dixons Cider
20th Jan 2010, 04:04
In it's day it was the leader.

In its day yes, but that was a looooong time ago.

Its a dead horse, and it has been for some time. Some fail to realise that but are slowly waking up.

metro301
20th Jan 2010, 06:45
Quality of life at Saudia is mainly dependant on two items.

1. The particular management group for the fleet that you are employed on.

2. Whether you can get a regular line of flying each month or you are stuck with a reserve schedule.

I can say I have been treated very well by my management group.

If you are on a reserve schedule and you are dealing with crew scheduling all the time, you will have NO quality of life and the job can be miserable.

GF-E190
20th Jan 2010, 11:52
Gulf Air by far the best to work for!

Dixons Cider
20th Jan 2010, 16:53
Pffff... :yuk:

canadair1
21st Jan 2010, 08:56
Now now Dixons Cider, you don't get huffy you just don't reply.

Duh
22nd Jan 2010, 00:56
Not as long as your screaming !

sec 3
22nd Jan 2010, 01:32
with such stupidity you'll never get hired to fly an airplane:}

Semaphore Sam
22nd Jan 2010, 02:03
Mutt
"Is it really that good? Or are there so few native English speakers that frequent Pprune? I would suggest that you compile the list again in 2011 and see how it has changed with the influx of new pilots."

Why new pilots, Mutt? Why not query long-term people, with a history? We all have our horror stories...but, I worked for Saudia for 28 years, and I've now worked as a sim instructor for 3 years for a regional airline owned by NW/Delta. By far, working for Saudia was vastly SUPERIOR! We have F/O's with 22 years flying experience, getting $22k/year. We have F/O's who have, in the last 5-8years, been furloughed 3-4 times. The pay and working conditions are abominable for flight-crew, both F/O's and Captains.

When I went to Saudia, the dream was to get on with a US Major, like...Eastern, Pan am, Braniff, TWA. Thank Allah it didn't happen. Of course, dealing with Arabs is a trial, but, on the whole, they were honest, and paid on time, and gave a fair compensation for work done. I never (well, almost never) felt cheated. (They DID steal our pension) . But, all said and done, I'd do it in a heartbeat over the rat-race to poverty that I've seen in the industry in the States. As for other ME operators, I'm open for more input. Sam