PDA

View Full Version : Tips for the DGCA special attempt feb 2010

mahi
16th Jan 2010, 12:13
Hi Guy's

I am sick and tired of writing the DGCA Nav Comp Exam. Just Scord 62 this time. Any tips for the special attempt. Your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Regards
Mahi

777AV8R
16th Jan 2010, 13:22
..4000 rupees with you. You'll get an ATPL

alfamassimo
16th Jan 2010, 14:12
:) 777av8r, somehow I think 4000 must be in $$ not rupees

Mahi
The questions are just like the normal attempt so you may want to take the time and revise properly, better apply for the normal attempt.
Another thread about the exams
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/359585-dgca-cpl-conversion-exams.html

777AV8R
17th Jan 2010, 03:52
ALPHA...I misplaced the zero.

I believe you are giving him the correct info. I wish I could help but don't have the resources.

lunars
17th Jan 2010, 09:05
mahi
just from experience and have passed the exam in april 2008 .i studied from the notes borrowed from a student in delhi.you got to concentrate on the basic CPL. like the CP/PNR,flight planing,Navaids,If you study met well there is about easy 40 % is met questions.then the navigation. if you can do the flight planing and CP/PNR questions you can easily get 80 % or so
Its not a hard exam but you have to know the basics and got to be very careful in reading the questions.
hope this helps

DJ Flyboy
17th Jan 2010, 09:51
Concentrate on Basic navigation..Be absolutely clear about all the concepts..in the instruments master VOR and ADF, also brush up on on ur practical navigation and piloting skills you acquired during your training, Also read up on how ASI, AI, VSI, Turn and bank indicator, Altimeter work. Above all use ur common sense. U can also weed out some of the choices coz hey are downright stupid. The paper is more math than nav :8..so if you can use your common sense and know your formulae you will pass easily..
All the best and cheers! :ok:

777gnieob
8th Feb 2010, 05:17
One week to go and no Admitted list yet!!!

PA-34
8th Feb 2010, 08:30
It happens, DGCA poeple some times issue admited list 5 days before examination, but I am expecting admitted list by today or tomorrow evening
as I have noticed, DGCA mostly publish lists in evening time like 5 o clock or something like that

silent_scream
8th Feb 2010, 09:41
Except for October 2009, I have very rarely seen the List of candidates hosted on DGCA website. Including the results.

If possible, Do ensure if it is going to be hosted on the website at all.

All the best.

777gnieob
9th Feb 2010, 06:15
Thanks.

I think they HAVE to publish it. We get the roll no from that list and also the form for the ID.

mobzie
25th Mar 2010, 12:13
hi, i am trying to build up some self study tools, very elementary and crude right now but hope to polish em with help from everyone here... Let me know what u guys/girls think... and try to keep it civil...
cheers

silent_scream
25th Mar 2010, 12:37
@ 777gnieob,

So the list was not uploaded on the website. Where did you guys find it from ?
And in case the results are out, how are those handled ?

Thanks.
Silent.