PDA

View Full Version : DGCA MECIR requirements and other unique queries

flyboy_nz
14th Jan 2010, 03:53
G'day folks,

I am planning on going to India in March to hand in my application for the DGCA CPL. I sat my exams in end of Oct'07 and I believe March '10 is my last chance to hand in my papers.

Q1) When I sat my exams in Oct' 07, I had a New Zealand CAA CPL and medical. This has now expired, but I have a current Australian CPL and medical. Will it matter?

Q2) I did my IFR on a Beechcraft Duchess 76 in June '08. It was renewed in Australia in July '09 on a Piper Seminole which is not registered in India. I haven't flown IFR since. Now, can I do a flight (day check + Night check ) on a Partnevia for my Multi IFR currency for the Indian CPL? or do I need more in regards to the multi flying? I am current with night and single hours during day.

Q3) I have a CASA Grade 2 Instructor Rating. How do I go about converting this to the Indian equivalent?

Thanx
Thanx

rase_raptor
28th Jan 2010, 01:00
hi bro,

1stly u have to plan a lot and fly a few more hours. i can help u out but what is ur current location? Im in sydney. i have a grade 3. and dgca and casa cpl and mecir both on be76. it took me hel of along time to do the conversion and i now know all the short cuts so get in touch and lets c where u stand.cheers.