PDA

View Full Version : Aerobatic/Tailwheel Endorsement

AYD
13th Jan 2010, 20:21
Anyone know or recommend where I could do a Aerobatic/Tailwheel Endorsement in Victoria or Melbourne area.

Looking for somewhere I could do it over a couple of days or a week

Thanks

triton140
14th Jan 2010, 00:09
David Pilkington (http://www.ozaeros.net/index.html) does aerobatics training at both Lilydale and Moorabbin - also tail-wheel in the Decathlon.

Lodown
14th Jan 2010, 00:41
Tailwheel and aerobatic flying. More fun than mud wrestling with 10 naked female (for clarification) supermodels.

PyroTek
14th Jan 2010, 01:04
I did my tailwheel rating a few months ago in a piper J-3 Cub. I think I have about 6 hours flying since the tailwheel endorsement and 5 of which have been in the cub. Very good fun!

:ok:Pyro

shaunus
14th Jan 2010, 09:42
How much does it cost (approx)?

tmpffisch
14th Jan 2010, 09:52
I'd recommend David Pilkington (above) or Lawrie Byrnes at MFS.

Mark1234
14th Jan 2010, 10:42
Talk to Gerrard Lappin at YLTV (not YTDN as I originally typed..).

Nice quiet airfield so you can fly tight circuits all day long without worrying about all the other a/c flying x/c circuits, aerobatics right over the field, excellent instructor, aeros pilot, and a perfectly decent decathlon. I went down there from MB and knocked the whole lot off in a weekend

Also knocking on half (not kidding) the price of doing it at MB. In my case 3hrs at about 170/hr. (that's for the tailwheel, I did aeros in the RVAC's alpha before then).

Dave Pilkington is the man for aeros, unfortunately the decathlons he uses are (or were) through oxford, and cost quite a premium. Personally I'd be inclined to do the tailwheel and basic aeros endorsement elsewhere, and go to Dave for coaching later if you require.

Rodda
14th Jan 2010, 12:24
Meggs (Gerard Lappin) works out of Latrobe valley, Highly recommended. Excellent Grade 1 instructor with loads of experience in T/W and aeros. They have a decathlon, C180 and access to a two seat pitts if you really wanna have some fun. Great guy as well, will have you sorted in no time. Ring the LV aeroclub for his number. Will be heaps cheaper than the MB schools

Mark1234
14th Jan 2010, 14:33
Ahem.. apologies, I meant latrobe, I thought latrobe, but for some reason I typed tooradin...