PDA

View Full Version : Cobham Interview & Aptitude Tests

aussie027
13th Jan 2010, 04:23
Does anyone have any info on the recent (perhaps in past 12mo) Cobham interview process???

What steps are involved, eg HR interview, Tech Interview , Sim etc, specific Q asked and also what the aptitude tests are like/ involve and the best websites to practice these specific type of tests.
I have links to a few sites but need more that specifically target the type of tests that they now use.

Any info would be much appreciated, please PM me if you don't want to post here.
Thank you. :ok:

beaver_rotate
13th Jan 2010, 08:50
are they hiring?

aussie027
13th Jan 2010, 12:37
Yes they have a few positions open and possibly more to come later in year.

drop bear ten
13th Jan 2010, 13:04
Careful not to tie yourself into a GA operator when J* and VB will be hiring bigtime in the text 12-18 months. If you are going to get stung for a jet endorsement- be it by bond or upfront or subscale pay, it might as well be something useful like an Airbus or B738.

Have a look at how many B717's or BAe146's are left in the world vs A320/B737.

Capt Claret
13th Jan 2010, 13:12
drop bear ten, aussie027 should go into it with his/her eyes wide open but there is no charge for a jet endorsement with Cobham. B scale pay, and a bond, yes, but, one doesn't have to fork out $30k+ to be endorsed to get the gig.

beaver_rotate
13th Jan 2010, 23:55
No jobs advertised on cobham.com.au??

aviator777
14th Jan 2010, 01:38
Seek and ye shall find

Digaf
16th Jan 2010, 23:19
Cobham were extremely smart with their advertising. I think they would have found that the quality of CV's that they did receive by just advertising on seek would have been sufficeient and if not of much higher quality. Their HR department would have had a nightmare week if they had have put an add on AFAP, but now I guess they don't have to sift through the sh*t.

Just look at what happened to skytrans a couple of months ago, they culled 200 of the 300 applications straight away! Because of Q link and their traineeships, low time pilots with less than 500 hrs now they think they have the necesary skills and attributes to be eligible for such a job.

Get out there and earn your hours and skills you lazy nerds. And to those who have been succesful in gaining such a job with low time hours no doubt by now you are whinging about something and in five years time you will be bitter and twisted. For those of you out there who fit this criteria you are annoying and piss real pilots off.

Off on a tangent I know but well done Cobham for trying to find real pilots!!

Mr.Buzzy
17th Jan 2010, 00:48
Atteennnnn-huuut!!!!!

Yes Sir...

Here for the interview?

Yes Sir....

You look like a nancy boy....

Yes Sir...

Ready to be shafted and stuffed about like a bitch boy?

Yes Sir...

Ready to take a B scale?

Yes Sir...

Say something other than "Yes Sir"

Yes Sir...

Sign here son!

bbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

romeocharlie
18th Jan 2010, 23:42
I think you'll find one new Skytrans pilot with less than 500 hours - top guy and deserves it!

sijay
1st Dec 2010, 03:42
Hi,
I have a pending interview with Cobham for the 717 in 2011
Did you find anything that helped you to prepare?
Please help!:ooh:

Skynews
1st Dec 2010, 03:56
I love the comment from the Jetstar pilot calling another company GA hahahahahahahahahahahahaha:D:D:D

Jetstar is an airline RIGHT:eek: