PDA

View Full Version : Aerial work permissions

thwock
12th Jan 2010, 16:04
Now we are all friendly europeans do we still need to get a permission from relevant country (DGAC) to do aerial work ?

JimBall
13th Jan 2010, 05:09
We're not that friendly - especially as the UK continues to not sign the Schengen Agreement - and the answer to your question is "yes" - permissions needed for non-State aircraft to perform aerial work in that State.

Aucky
17th Apr 2011, 09:21
ANO Headache :ugh:

If one hopes to receive valuable consideration for aerial video footage without an AOC, is it correct to assume that this is acceptable provided the cameraman is an employee of the company providing the helicopter/pilot to remain within the 'Aerial work' bracket? (like the many in-house UK power-line observers...) whereby ultimately the company is selling the footage/product as opposed to the helicopter seat.

Would employing a cameraman on a per job basis, and selling the footage itself for a cost that covers the use of the helicopter be acceptable (providing the cameraman is not paying for his seat)? I have a suitable public G-reg aircraft, CPL(H) etc...

I'm not trying to cut corners here, but trying to make the most of an interesting opportunity to help out a friend on an event they are organising and want to cover the costs legitimately, my background is mostly instruction thus far so I rarely venture into work bordering on public transport hence the questions... :O

Also without an AOC what are the chances of obtaining a 1 day 500' rule exemption for Coastal footage? slim?

Thanks, Aucky