PDA

View Full Version : ME-CPL/IR at Flying time aviation - Shoreham

jv2379
12th Jan 2010, 11:50
Has anyone completed a ME-CPL or ME-IR at Flying time aviation at Shoreham.

How would you rate this FTO for instruction for these courses?

Cirrus_Clouds
14th Jan 2010, 21:30
I've been flying with Flying Time for a few years now and I haven't had any problems getting in contact with them via phone, they're always there when I needed them and always very helpful when I have a question.

I have to agree that the emails sometimes don't get answered, but then I phone them and always get an answer.

FYI, Flying Time are still around and seem to be busy most days, especially during summer.

I haven't done their CPL/ME/IR but will consider whether I will train there or not when I get to that point. I believe they have x2 DA42's, which is a good thing when it comes to the IR, in case one brakes down - as a/c do.

I would advise giving them a visit and go up on a trial flight maybe to suss out the training quality.

They are cheerful people, you should know soon enough if their setup is what your after.

mierda
15th Jan 2010, 06:13
Out of interest guys what email address have you being using?

Cirrus_Clouds
15th Jan 2010, 08:31
Their "admin" email address, as per their website.

I've had answers to most emails, but only the odd one goes a miss - that's why a phone is useful :ok:

wangus
15th Jan 2010, 09:19
Mierda. PFT based in Bournemouth (European building) no longer exists, not Flying Time. Simply a comment on the industry. (I have removed post in question, as it was clearly being misinterpreted, though not sure why.)

mierda
15th Jan 2010, 09:44
Hi Wangus. Since it was a mis-understanding I have also removed my previous post.

greekboy
15th Jan 2010, 09:58
JV

I did my me-cpl there last year. Did the 15 course as I already had an IR. Good course and good instructor. Went a little over due to me struggling a little with the diversions but that happens. I did the course part time as I have a full time job though. DA42 is a lovely a/c to fly so you wont regret it.

Recommend the school.

gb

Phenom100
15th Jan 2010, 10:29
G-Boy

Met you a few times down at Flying time, are you on Face book, would be got to keep in contact

Im the guy who knew Ruston before his tragic accident

Phenom 100

mattycourt
5th Sep 2010, 10:49
Dear All,

Any more feedback regarding this school? Thinking of attending their full time ground school also so any insight to this will be gladly appreciated.

Thank you in anticipation.

will fly for food 06
6th Sep 2010, 11:12
Hi Matty

They have just launched a new website, if you search for them on Google you should find it. The full time ground school is good, the numbers in the class are small (around 5 to 6) which allows plenty of attention and help from the instructors. I suggest you give them a call and pop down for a cup of tea and a chat with the CGI then you can see if its the right environment for you to study. If you have any more questions just ask.

VirginSkid
17th May 2011, 00:45
Anyone currently at flying time doing CPL/ME/IR?

I am interested what you think of the place? Is it really all inclusive?

Any info would be appreciated.

737-NG
20th May 2011, 09:12
The website is awesome and they look great but has anybody been there for the Full-time ATPL class??

RSACHA
2nd Jun 2011, 20:21
Hello guys,

I finished my CPL/IR at Flying Time few months ago.

All the instructors were very helpful and professional. They really want you to finish the training in minimum hours.

Aircrafts are very well maintained with excellent availabilities. The DA42 is modern and really pleasant to fly.

For the IR, Shoreham has a NDB/DME approach, so you don't have to go somewhere else to practise except for the ILS.

Sometimes the airfield can be very busy and therefore interesting in terms of R/T communications.

I was really happy of my training and would highly recommend them.

ct8282
2nd Jun 2011, 21:14
I recently completed my PPL in Florida and since I've been back I've joined FlyingTime and have been flying with 2 of the instructors, and have to say that I think FlyingTime is a great FTO.

The aircraft are very nice, all well maintained and the staff are all excellent and have been very professional and very welcoming. I heard that many FTO's back in the UK would frown upon the fact I did my PPL in the USA but FlyingTime have been very positive and helpful indeed, and to be honest I would definitely consider future training through FlyingTime.

For now I will certainly continue to self-fly hire through FlyingTime.

Hagop
18th Oct 2012, 06:44
Has anyone attended the full time course at Flying Time Aviation? I'm interested in attending that school by next year for my integrated fATPL training which they call ( Flight Deck Program ).. Does anyone have any idea about them?
Instructors, aircraft, quality of training... Do you recommend CTC, FTE or OAA over FTA? and why ?
Cheers !

byrondaf
9th Apr 2013, 08:35
RSACHA - What was the total cost of the course including test fees. I'm finishing my ATPL's shortly and am debating Flyingtime and CTC. By the sounds of it FT seem to be the best bet, but headline prices obviously arnt the true cost

Thanks

taxistaxing
9th Apr 2013, 10:34
I'm finishing my ATPL's shortly and am debating Flyingtime and CTC. By the sounds of it FT seem to be the best bet, but headline prices obviously arnt the true cost

I'm in a similar position, so also interested in this. I note that Flying Time isn't substantially cheaper than CTC's "Takeoff" modular offering, which concerns me slightly given their lack of track record.

Does anyone have any views on Flying Time versus a more established 'modular' school such as Stapleford? Also, are there any posters who have trained at Flying Time and succeeded in finding a job?

flyboyweeksy
9th Apr 2013, 14:23
Hoping to finish my IR there next week or soonish, been thoroughly enjoyable after passing the CPL there too. Can't recommend enough :)

byrondaf
9th Apr 2013, 18:52
Flyboyweeksy, how close are you cost wise to what they advertise?

southernjock
9th Apr 2013, 19:58
I can't comment on the CPL/IR package at FTA but i have had experience of their HB package on the DA40. The costs I incurred during this phase was exactly as stated on the website and as discussed with the FTO when I enrolled.

As an aside I had to revalidate/renew my SEP rating and chose to do it with FT. The Chief instructor was very professional and worked with my previous experience to ensure everything was at the correct standard before proceeding to a test without taking me for a ride and costing me the earth which some FTOs may have done.

Whilst flying with FT the ground and Ops staff (most of which are working there as aspiring future commercial pilots) were very courteous and flexible with booking HB slots around my day job as well as answering my queries and questions on good places to fly and activities to conduct whilst HB.

The only slight negative I have about FT is that the continuity of instructors was sometimes not as I would have liked it to be and I flew with four different instructors in the space of four weeks (about six flights) whilst I was brushing up on my skills for my renewal. This was probably due to the nature of my busy full time job and squeezing in the flights when I could but I would have liked to have a bit more continuity. This is probably different on a full time course so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Finally the ability to PAYG with FT is always a bonus as you just credit your account as you need to top it up at the end of a flight

Overall a positive experience for me and I would recommend FTA as an FTO for the HB FT I conducted there. I will be considering FTA for my CPL / IR in due course of course along with the CTC Takeoff option.

Anyone out there any opinions on the CTC Takeoff course, I would be interested in opinions?

Regards

SJ

flyboyweeksy
10th Apr 2013, 19:47
The costing is very realistic, I will over run due to needing some brush up (I wish I was perfect!) the only thing is that any additional approaches/landings etc, may push you over budget. Otherwise it has been a great experience at FTA, just what I needed from a school after the shambles that was Cabair.

Sky_Hussar
12th Apr 2013, 11:39
I flew with FTA in 2010, I can highly recommend them! I was only hour-building with them so can't comment on the course, but aircraft availability was excellent (they had an online booking system, which you were given a user name and password for, and you could see and book available slots).
Their fleet is well maintained, mainly DA40 and DA42.
Plus, Shoreham is a great little airport to fly out of!