PDA

View Full Version : Sqn Ldr (Retd) Ken Burton

OS82
12th Jan 2010, 11:02
I am sorry to announce that Sqn Ldr (Retd) Ken Burton died last month after a battle with cancer. Ken had a long career as an Air Traffic Controller but enjoyed an equally successful second career as the RO3 Admin Officer at the University of Birmingham Air Squadron (UBAS).

RIP Ken.

jim's brother
19th Apr 2010, 19:04
I'm a little tardy, but Ken's demise must not go without comment. I knew Ken during my tour as OC UBAS in the late '80s, where he was our Admin Officer. He gave excellent support to all of us - staff and students alike - and his quietly-delivered advice was always well-considered and welcome.

Thanks from all of us, Ken - and RIP.

Wander00
19th Apr 2010, 21:36
I have only just seen this too. I was on the Command Accounts Inspection Team at HQRAFSC in the late 80s. I used to blag as many inspections of flying stations/units as possible, and l aways tried to get some flying. Ken was a great host at UBAS, everything was always tickety-boo, and he always fixed for me to fly. A real gent - my condolences to his family and friends.

yellowshirt
23rd Sep 2011, 23:58
i was a member of ubas 1982 to 1985 which was a pretty mad period with a bunch of crazy extroverts....Ken brought a certain amount of calm to the madhouse.....he was a wonderful, kind "rock" and we could never russle his feathers.

the sad thing is that i have been trying to contact members from 1982 to 1985 to arrange a reunion but these days data protection means i meet with a stone wall from UBAS....if anyone reads this please get in contact with me..it is time to reform and remember....

Madman/ yellowshirt/Cooperman