PDA

View Full Version : Thai Validation

rotar
12th Jan 2010, 00:45
Anyone had a Thai Validation for an Icao CPL/IFR and instructor rating?
Whats the process and is it possible to obtain this without a job offer.
cheers

extreme P
12th Jan 2010, 01:00
AVCANADA • View topic - Canadian to Thai conversion (http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=61118&p=576887&hilit=validation#p576887)

Might find some help here.

ozthai
13th Jan 2010, 02:40
Prety sure you need a job here first.

What exactly is an ICAO CPL ????

I did not know there was such a thing. Did not think ICAO issue licences.

Thought all licences were issued by CAA of country or union in which person was tested.

E.g. FAA, CASA, JAA, Thai DCA etc. etc.

Thanks in advance

extreme P
13th Jan 2010, 02:47
ICAO Contracting States (188) (http://www.icao.int/icao/en/members.htm)

Likely something with reference to the above.

kwaiyai
14th Jan 2010, 07:49
slight confusion me thinks, ICAO means licence issued by an ICAO state.

regarding validation, I knew a guy who held a Thai CPL restricted to VFR only. DCAT would not allow him to get IR added.
When I was flying 727's up there I was given an alternative ATPL (validation) by DCAT which was valid for the length of my medical. It was restricted to only allowing me to be PIC for that Company. my work permit was the same it was allied to my medical validity. Foreigners cannot hold ATPL Thailand and the DCAT as usual changed the regs on me so I ended up using 2 licences to get a validation anyway plus had to sit 2 papers Air Law and Human factors. How many Beers discussing that one OZThai remember!
I am not to sure regarding CPL and FI but suspect it will be same as me once you get Job offer then the company should sort out your validation etc to work there.
Regards

rotar
14th Jan 2010, 09:28
Sorry for the confusion,
Meant License issued by ICAO contracting states..
Thanks for the info..
What happened to the guys from NPU IAC anyone out there wishing to shed their experience?
Cheers

rightchoise
14th Jan 2010, 12:46
Don't waste your time and money for validation over there. Thailand is good for enjoying not for working. They will not issue a validation if You aren't employed with a Thai company and belive me it isn't so easy, especialy now.

Best regards