PDA

View Full Version : A small whinge

piggybank
11th Jan 2010, 22:42
I have a whinge about logging in to my Yahoo mail and wonder if anyone else is getting the same problem.

I have just got back to Indonesia after a month in PNG, that means my Yahoo mail was accessed via Australia and the oil companies network. No problem, a bit slow, but it ran smoothly.

Now back on my standard desk top computer running Opera, I log onto mail. This may take up to three uses of my password. I get the entry sheet with news and what mail I have, select the specific mail folder, need to give password again. Want to open the mail, password again, want to read another may need password again, and may not need it.

Want to delete, password again, select go back password again. In one mail session I may be putting my password in twenty times, and I have three Yahoo mail accounts.

Any help most gratefully received, or maybe the answer is I have just pissed 'somebody" off at Yahoo .

BOAC
12th Jan 2010, 08:59
Don't know the answer, but Frostie is having trouble with Opera too
http://www.pprune.org/computer-internet-issues-troubleshooting/401425-gmail-oddity-anyone-else.html

Muffin Themule
12th Jan 2010, 16:28
I use Opera to access both Yahoo mail and Gmail and I have not (yet) had any similar problems. Are cookies enabled for Yahoo mail and login.yahoo.com on your desk top computer?

piggybank
13th Jan 2010, 21:37
Yes, all cookies enabled but a few months back I regularly got a pop up saying they weren't enabled on some sites. Used the "report site problem" to Opera those times. Now no pop ups.

Something I have recently reported to Opera on the Opera forum is also the downloads problem. In Yahoo Mail I select download whatever attachment there is to the mail.

Download is almost instant, the message comes up 'done' but nothing is done, the file regardless of original size is 30KB or thereabouts, and won't open. I use IE8 for my downloads for the last few months. IE8 is not my ideal choice of browser and really slow on my computer and my Internet.

Guest 112233
13th Jan 2010, 22:44
Please ignore my prev post - It was finger trouble by CAT III.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Contrite CAT III