PDA

View Full Version : Editorial on the EK portal

pool
10th Jan 2010, 14:44
Dear AS

Have you even read the editorial you reprinted on the portal? My god, after the gazillion of FCIs with new sops, rules, constraints, operational handcuffs, useless limitations and other c#*p, you actually, really dare publishing such a self indictment?

... often, the only thing new rules accomplish is to make it easier for someone in a position of authority to evade responsibility for making a judgement call ...

I thought you were as useless as the lot around you, but never realised you were silly too.

IXNAT
10th Jan 2010, 14:52
"Common Sense" would just dictate that it's just "the winds this time of year", that would allow someone from management to post an editorial about common sense.:bored:

PorkKnuckle
10th Jan 2010, 15:10
I think it was a cut-n-paste job. I don't think anyone in EK management has that much penmanship. TCAS pasted it.

Odd really to talk about common sense in a place where they hold up the FOM to be followed (by us) and crucify anyone who steps outside it.

Removed from roster for any transgression, many of which involve common sense being applied by the pilot along the way. My suggestion is - use this in your next tea-n-bikkies when you show why you did what you did.