PDA

View Full Version : Air Gold Coast Sold?

Aerohooligan
9th Jan 2010, 18:35
I heard a rumour the other day that Air Gold Coast has changed hands and the new owners are looking to set up something focussed more on the foreign 'cookie-cutter' market (sausage factory, to be less diplomatic).

Can anyone confirm? If so it would appear the best flying school by a significant margin in SE QLD just bit the dust. :uhoh:

Carambar
9th Jan 2010, 22:07
Confirmed.

Spoke to one of the instructors there and was told AGC was merging with Professional Jet (http://www.projet.net.au/page.php?3). The school will undergo re-structuring and overall renovation of the facilities over the next 6-12 months.

Could be helpful for AGC's low-timers to break into the charter scene?

Tilster
10th Jan 2010, 00:18
If all the old AGC instructors stick around im sure the qaulity of traning will be just as good :ok:. Its a shame though as not everyone wants to fly for the airlines... or be pushed through the cookie cutter... I believe that market is already catered for at the goldy??

Aerohooligan
11th Jan 2010, 07:30
Thanks for the info guys. Tilster, definitely true to say if the same quality ppl stay there standards should remain high, I just don't want to see it go the same way as a certain major school at Archerfield at which I did my CPL. ;)

I just hope they can retain the easy-going atmosphere that Pete fostered so beautifully. I did my instrument rating there in five weeks in 08 and despite the slightly intense schedule, it remains the most positive aviation experience of my life and something I always remember fondly - and it was all because of the atmosphere, the friendly staff and that beautiful little Duchy RUA. :p

Anyways, time will tell if two schools competing for the same market at CG is going to work.

JSHL
11th Jan 2010, 09:10
Bugger. I was on the verge of starting my PPL with these guys.

For those in the know, would it be a good idea to consider another school?

C82R
12th Jan 2010, 04:21
JSHL I would still consider Air Gold Coast as Pete is staying on to run things so I wouldn't expect too much change.:ok:

Muzza2284
23rd Aug 2011, 11:25
was down there about 8 months ago, Just 18 Hours into my flight training from another school. was looking at moving to AGC. went in a did a few circuits with one of the instructors. then sat down with Peter for a good chat, Very nice relaxed guy, very level headed. wanted to help me out and answered all of my questions. Thanks to Pete taking the time to sit down with me has proven that going to AGC won't be a waste of time but good start to my flying career.