PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe pages don't reload from 'back' button

kevmusic
8th Jan 2010, 21:53
That's about it really. It's been happening for about a month, now. Browse a forum for likely topics, click the 'back' button and all I get is a blank page with 'Done' in the bottom left corner :confused:. Then I refresh the page and I get it all back. Damn' odd!

Scott Diamond
8th Jan 2010, 22:21
Hi Kev,

Before I can start to offer help - any chance you can say which browser you are on and the loading time of when you go back? Does it take long to load the page before showing "Done" or is it on par with other page loads? When you refresh, does it take longer or the same time as hitting back?

kevmusic
9th Jan 2010, 08:50
Hi Scott. I'm using Firefox and the blank page takes no time at all to load. I've checked on other sites and re-loading with the 'back' button takes no time also; so refreshing takes a little longer. This only happens on PPRuNe - no other site. Moreover, sometimes, though rarely, the previous page does reload. :} Just to confuse things!

And, as I was typing this reply I opened a new window (ctrl + n) to check speeds etc in another forum, and when I closed it to continue typing here..........zilch! I refreshed the page and it re-appeared, complete with my typed text.

Over to you........:)

broadreach
16th Jan 2010, 20:39
I've had exactly the same problem in Firefox, also for about a month now, and it's not limited to Pprune; same happens with a few other sites. Press the back button and you get a blank screen and "done" in the lower left-hand corner. "Reload" gets you back to where you wanted to go but it's a pain.

I'm not usually conspiracy minded but the problem began around the time I downloaded the latest version of Google Chrome to see how that stacked up against Firefox.