PDA

View Full Version : Tailwheel instruction and Spin Training St. Louis

dillardrg
8th Jan 2010, 20:34
Hi Folks,

My name is Ron Dillard, I just signed up for the forums and would like to introduce myself. I am a retired corporate pilot and am presently doing Tailwheel Instruction and Endorsements, Flight Reviews and Spin Training in the St. Louis area.
Lookin forward to participating in the forums.

Ron
advancedtailwheeltraining.com

djpil
9th Jan 2010, 09:08
Welcome Ron, I'm a retired engineer doing pretty much the same here in Australia.
Regards, Dave

dillardrg
9th Jan 2010, 14:27
Hi Dave, nice website.

Your operation looks quite a bit larger than mine, I have one 7ECA and specialize in Tailwheel checkouts and Endorsements and Spin Training for potential CFI candidates.
I noticed on your website that you worked with Aviat in the 1990's. I went into Idaho Falls and Driggs quite a bit during that time frame when I was flying corporate for Anheuser-Busch. We had agricultural facilities at Idaho Falls and a Conference Center at Driggs.
Slow here in St. Louis now with the cold and snow, not much flying going on.

Ron

djpil
9th Jan 2010, 18:20
Your operation looks quite a bit larger than mine,Just superficial - instructors here must work through a flying school. I have one standard Decathlon myself.
Idaho Falls was our "local" shopping centre. Haven't really seen snow since then.

Checkboard
10th Jan 2010, 10:52
This thread is advertising, and under the forum rules, should be deleted.

DeeCee
10th Jan 2010, 11:02
I don't find this thread embarrasing, what are you on about? Also, a localised service like Ron's does not fall into the same catagory as a product that could be sold internationally. Good luck to him I say! DeeCee

S-Works
10th Jan 2010, 11:32
checkboard, think you are getting your knickers in a twist and being very hostile to new blood.

He introduced himself, said what he does and where. The ensuing conversation is a a few guys comparing notes. I don't see any advertising or any reason to be so aggressive.

Ron - Welcome to PPrune. You will find that it gets a bit wild in here at times but roll with it. I do similar to you in the UK (although not retired yet!).

Enjoy!!

Chuck Ellsworth
10th Jan 2010, 15:22
Hi Ron, glad you posted here and shared your web site with us.

Like you I am retired and I am building a Cub to do tail wheel training with.

I have not set up a web site yet but probably will.

As to those who get all bent out of shape by your first post just ignore them.

dillardrg
10th Jan 2010, 15:33
Checkboard,

I apologize if I offended you. I did read the Sticky and didn't consider what I posted to be advertising. The way I see it, I supply a service. I don't do what I do for the money. I do what I do because I enjoy being able to make aviation fun for people who have forgotten how much fun it can be.
I spent 20 years in a jet, then had an opportunity handed to me to get my seaplane rating in an 85hp Cub at Brown's in Florida. That 2 day experience brought back the reason I got into aviation in the first place. That was 10 years ago. Now I am retired from the jets and spend my time trying to replicate that experience for as many people that I can through basic stick and rudder instruction in a basic taildragger.
I hope that you can learn to enjoy aviation as I have.

Again sorry to have offended you.

And thanks for everyone elses welcome.

Ron

S-Works
10th Jan 2010, 16:02
Checkboard - bose-x - you forgot to add your airport of operations, detail what exactly it is you teach, and leave a website contact.

While you didn't get a chance to name the thread - I'm sure you wouldn't have chosen "Hi guys, I'm new", but "Instruction and spin training"

Sounds like a bit of the green eyed devil. Like I said I am not getting worked up about it, nice to see some new blood.

Chuck Ellsworth
10th Jan 2010, 19:26
AAhhh Hmmmmm,,

Remember not to tell anyone here Checkboard when and if you quit flying jets, wouldn't want to see you advertising here without paying.:ok:

Me thinks you are trying to tone down your comments to Ron but can't quite get it right.:E

dillardrg
10th Jan 2010, 20:23
Checkboard,

Again you ass-u-me something that is not entirely true. I do charge for my services ($130.00/hr including the airplane) and I hope that it covers my fuel, INSURANCE, hangar, and maintenance (as long as nothing major happens). I certainly will not get rich at that price.
When I retired I swore to myself that I would not be like some other retired folks who fly without receiving adequate compensation thereby reducing income for someone who is trying to make a living at it.
I also found a niche where no one else in my area was trying to make a living at what I am doing.
Of course I hope people will look at my web site, that is why I built it. I enjoy giving pilots additional tools to help them be better pilots. I have had a long, varied, and sometimes not so lucrative career flying and I hope I can pass along some of the skills and knowledge I have gained (sometimes the hard way).
My original post was mainly to introduce myself and to give background on what I do. Looking at it again, I can almost see where it may be considered as "blatant" advertising, but I think that is a stretch.

Ron