PDA

View Full Version : iPhone apps for professional pilots

dessas
8th Jan 2010, 04:27
Hi,
I am already using some stuff I find valuable like Snowtam, iPorts, PilotLog, AeroWeather.
I just wasted an hour looking for a holdover times calculator, but couldn't find one.
I find that most apps I come up with in iTunes are more GA oriented...
Let's use this thread to share info and feedback!
Tnx a lot!
:ok:

pharmair
8th Jan 2010, 05:56
This one gives you a holdover-time calculator...:ok:

macps support page (http://web.me.com/mac.ps/Website/Home.html)

dessas
8th Jan 2010, 07:44
Hi,
Tnx a lot. I had it 3 months ago but was bugged. Now works perfect.
Just installed Flight Track Pro. A beut!
:)

Denti
8th Jan 2010, 14:51
Ptoolbox is nice, but i find the tool i do use most is EU-OPSvsMTV which checks both EU-OPS limits as well as company limits on duty and rest times (german airlines only so far) and Aeroweather which gives free instant METAR and TAFs.

D O Guerrero
8th Jan 2010, 17:50
Most useful one I have found so far is Airports. Mainly for weather (live weather - need data connection) but also ATIS frequencies, volmet stations and decoding those pesky 4-letter codes from the ND.
There is also a snowtam decoder and wind component calculator as well as some other stuff...

Piltdown Man
8th Jan 2010, 20:03
All of this stuff is brilliant until you find yourself on the green (or white) bits found an the sides of the black stuff. Then, you tell the humourless man in the blue uniform that you were properly briefed because you decoded the runway state message using your iPhone. When standing in court a few days later, the nice man in the blue uniform reads out what you said - at this point in the proceedings all of your former colleagues quietly slide out of the room, never to be seen again.

PM

skycap
10th Jan 2010, 00:11
Would like views on both and pro's and cons and which one is the better for an iphone. Thanks

Crossunder
10th Jan 2010, 10:18
The better one is the one that supports importing of your company's roster format. Both are otherwise pretty much the same...

Miserlou
10th Jan 2010, 12:03
My vote is for LogTenPro but I do have the full full program on my Mac. Excellent program.

The rest of my list.

Aeroweather.

PToolbox. Includes metric alt chart and QFE-QNH converter in Hpa and inHg.

Snowtam. Includes temperature altitude corrections.

EUOps. Shame i can't take breaks into consideration.

Fuel Uplift. Uplift and discrepancy calculator, including L-kg.

PDF Expert. Searchable Pdf reader. I have all the books (Pilot Info, SOP, OM etc.) on the iPhone.

dessas
10th Jan 2010, 16:49
I started using this program as soon as I got the iPhone. The guys gave me enough free time, so I could fully evaluate it against my previous PalmLog Pro.
I took my time - 3 months. I import my roster and then can download an ical file, that synchronizes with the Calendar. It's a fantastic tool.
Cost is 5 GBP/month or 50 up front.
Cheers

TopBunk
10th Jan 2010, 17:38
In addition to any mentioned before, I find Weatherpro very useful.

Bob Vonstein
8th Apr 2010, 15:40
Hey, I just discovered a fantastic app ... "Fuel uplift calculator" ... Works really well! You can download a lite version and a full version. I have both but find the full one the best ...

Login | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=109051532460361)