PDA

View Full Version : Avioservice Latvia

Fitnesspilot737
7th Jan 2010, 21:10
Does anyone have any feedback for avioservice.com!!?? A Latvian flight school doing fATPL. I have a friend looking to do his CPL IR for as cheap as possible. They estimate about 30000Euro I think

Sloan
8th Jan 2010, 09:19
I know Avioservice. They do what they say (check Cons).

They have very good flight instructors! I was pleased with very serious attention and training quality!
PPL theory requires lots of self-study (only 20 hours with GI!)

Cons:
1. They don't provide ATPL ratings at the moment - promise to start with MEP/IFR/CPL in March/April. Now only ATPL time building.
2. While weather conditions are acceptable, it isn't as good as in Spain. I was flying late Autum and sometimes weather was quite rough (although I rather valued it as now I'm quite confident flying light aircrafts across Europe).

Pros:
1. Hotel right in front of Flight School, transportation to airfield, classes, to CAA for exams - provided by school.
2. Director of Avioservice met me in the airport in spite of my quite late Sunday night arrival!
3. Possibility to complete course in very short time.

I'd suggest your friend to start the PPL with them and then continue if he'll like them (and they provide all ATPL flight ratings).

Alexsky
11th Jan 2010, 11:29
I also know them and sometimes recommend for those who'd like to save some money.