PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet accuses Gatwick of misleading passengers over snow delays

Julian Hensey
7th Jan 2010, 17:38
A BUDGET airline has accused Gatwick Airport of misleading passengers over delays caused by freezing weather.

EasyJet says it is “disappointed” the airport is operating far below capacity while claiming to be fully open.

Snow freezes relations between Gatwick and easyJet (http://www.thisissussex.co.uk/crawley/news/Snow-freezes-relations-Gatwick-easyJet/article-1683903-detail/article.html)

ab33t
7th Jan 2010, 18:32
Snowball slinging match

Thunderbug
7th Jan 2010, 18:38
But airport bosses have hit back, insisting outbound flights have not been restricted and incoming flights have not been affected as badly as easyJet claims

The report I read at 1100 hrs was that the flow rate was 2 per hour due to the fact that they had only 4 working stands! That would qualify for badly affected in my book.:ugh:

STN Ramp Rat
7th Jan 2010, 19:47
Gatwick’s response to this weather has been appalling they have even made Luton’s usual snow response look professional which takes some doing:O.

I have no idea who was responsible and do not wish to point fingers but there needs to a serious review because at the moment I see no signs of any improvement tomorrow.

Litebulbs
7th Jan 2010, 19:57
Do you think the BAA could have stitched the new owners up?

STN Ramp Rat
7th Jan 2010, 20:08
No idea.

I am sure the conspiracy theorists would say that Heathrow has done very well in similar circumstances and suggest the BAA took all the de-icing equipment with them when they left :E

Nicholas49
7th Jan 2010, 21:03
I think the fact that easyJet essentially cancelled its entire schedule at Gatwick yesterday speaks volumes.

Sky Wave
7th Jan 2010, 21:38
Could the lack of available stands possibly be due to the fact that EZY didn't bother flying today?

CornishFlyer
7th Jan 2010, 22:16
BA didn't have a single departure yesterday either and loads cancelled today and already a load cancelled tomorrow too

IcePack
7th Jan 2010, 22:25
It would seem that Easy are correct. Lgw ran out of de icer. Other carriers were operating their lgw services out of ltn.

Another thing mods why delete my post refering to STN only taking emergency traffic on the 6 th. ????

Guess uk doesn't do snow. The Scandinavians must be laughing themselves silly.

Jetdriver
7th Jan 2010, 22:33
Icepack, run a quick search on your posts and you will discover it wasn't deleted. That is what I did.

skot
7th Jan 2010, 23:28
BA didn't have a single departure yesterday either and loads cancelled today and already a load cancelled tomorrow too

Indeed. As an SLF (plus my wife and 4 year old) we were cancelled on this morning's BA2037 to Orlando. When we got the text message (1330 yesterday) and called in, the next available flight is Saturday morning.
I can understand the difficulty in trying to get Wednesday's and Thursday's flights combined onto Friday's and Saturdays but I must admit to being a little peeved when I discovered that Virgin managed to get two flights out to Orlando, from Gatwick, today.

On the assumption that BA had the plane at Gatwick, why could they not have made at least one take-off, today?

I've obviously got a bit of emotional involvement here (and I also realise this isn't the end of the world), but I must admit to being a little bemused with Gatwick's and BA's response and performance.

skot
7th Jan 2010, 23:34
Actually, to be fair to Gatwick (not a position I'm currently inclined to take), the BA website shows this morning (8th Jan) Edinburgh flights to Gatwick and City to be on schedule, but 0630 and 0740 flights to LHR are cancelled.

Maybe we'll all be moaning about Heathrow tomorrow...?

apaddyinuk
8th Jan 2010, 00:12
Skot,

Your aircraft wasnt in LGW. It was diverted!