PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Airlines

man300
7th Jan 2010, 09:45
Hi everybody!

I'll face a screening next week and would apreciated to collect all possible informations about the sim, quiz and I'm interested also in the roster pattern; I'm flying the A-320; and it's written they do 5 on 2 off, 6 on 1 off with 7 days off ....The Turkish. FTL is 100 hrs. per month.
Appreciated all info's, thank's a lot and take care all.
Ciao M.

FI 21
7th Jan 2010, 10:18
Is it for FO or Captains?

AXELYUDIST
7th Jan 2010, 12:12
Hi ,guys , any info to join Turkish Airlines for captain A 320 .thanks happy landing :ok:

Chandler Bing
7th Jan 2010, 12:25
Anybody could PM a typical A320 THY Captain roster..? Thanks

man300
7th Jan 2010, 13:26
I guess only for cpt..and go through Wynnwyth

eazylife
7th Jan 2010, 16:16
hi - i'm also flying out to IST on the 18th for an interview / sim check.. for a captains position on 737. Currently based in London with a uk carrier.

Any info much appreciated - especially a typical month's roster - i understand that crew are only guaranteed 7 days off/month. Is this minimum or pretty much what you'd get?? . Also - bit concerned about your comments HandoverRichard - would you expect it to be THAT bad in the LH Seat ??
thanks all,

niss
7th Jan 2010, 17:02
Once accepted in THY, you will have up to 40 hours in SIM. Not a commuting contract.
Pay own accomondation. Etc

eazylife
7th Jan 2010, 18:01
40 hrs Sim before you start flying?? - is that from personal experience..
i was told it would be 2.5 weeks ground school, then a week in the Sim - 40hrs would be a big ask to do in that space of time...

niss
11th Jan 2010, 06:19
40 hours is a fact from last group who joined.

avi8r.mir
11th Jan 2010, 12:34
Are Turkish Airways Hiring right now ? If they are do anybody know who to contact ?
I have tryed to apply though there web site but it seems that its not working,,

Thank you very much :)

oz in dxb
19th Jan 2010, 15:12
G'day, does anyone have any info on T and C for the Captain B777 position with Turkish?

Regards,

Oz

Turkpilot
19th Jan 2010, 16:06
Very, very unprofessional company! Sim is an absolute joke when i interviewed there back in March. Showed up at 8a, no briefing, nothing. Walked up to where the sims are. Waited around with the other pilots (1 from etihad, 4 from Sterling)
I got called for the sim, now mind you i havnet flown a B737 in 2 years, and only once a B737-400 (all time mostly NG) and i just got done with my initial on the ERJ170!

So, it was hillarious, i go to get in the RHS as the PF i taking off. Basically i sit down and call ROTATE!!! They were in a hurry i guess! So at 1000 ft he dies, and i have control. I have NO idea where we are, but somewhere in turkey. And coming out of the ERJ, everything in this aircraft is all over the place! So i start turning us around and he comes back to life and lands.

Okay my turn. So i get in the LHS, on the first take off i get an RTO. No biggie, then on the next one, at 400AGL the #1 ENG fails, then at 1000AGL the # ENG catches fire! Okay great. THEN my FO DIES!!!! So i have to reconfigure the bleeds, restart ENG 1, then put out the fire and shut down #2!!! THEN after i get done i get a jammed rudder to the RIGHT!!! So now i have only ENG #1 and a JAMMED RUDDER TO THE RIGHT!! You have got to be kidding me!! I come in for a visual and at 50 FT get told to go around! Almost crash but i make it, then land.

After this we were left waiting and noone told us anything. I had to call my fiance who is turkish to call HR to find out where to go! We had lunch, then told we would be interviewed at 4pm. So came 4, 5,6,7 at 830 at night they brought us in. They asked me some simple questions about why i am living in istanbul, why i dont speak turkish, etc. After all this BS i NEVER heard back from them, and i have a much better job now anyway. All i can say is good luck!!

Nightrider
24th Feb 2010, 15:05
So.....you had at least a "translator" available, guess how it works for people who are not so lucky. And you did not have to do the tech exam? What a shame....

Dave Clarke Fife
25th Feb 2010, 11:42
Have heard from Turkish colleagues that ex-pat pilots are not received very well within THY............it's a bit of an Airforce old boy's club and outsiders are not that welcome.

jimmyg
25th Feb 2010, 12:42
Just came back from vacation using THY. On all four different sectors very consistant poor to scary aircraft handling; both taxi and flight.

Maybe the good old boys could use some fresh blood.:ooh:

airbusoieng
2nd Mar 2010, 18:11
If anyone has done the Turkish B777 DEC assessment recently, I would appreciate any specific information that you could pass along regarding the simulator profile and the technical exam.

Feel free to send a personal message. Thanks for this in advance.

unergokhan
4th Mar 2010, 05:49
Simple .They do lack big time on crm issues. Youl see when you get in.:eek:

Uncle Wiggily
20th May 2010, 10:01
Ummmm.....Why is Kevin Costner the new poster-boy for Turkish Airlines?