PDA

View Full Version : JHSU (G)

tomdocherty72
5th Jan 2010, 21:19
Not directly mil aircrew but related and I could not think where else to put it. One of the stalwarts of JHSU (G) 90-93, Cpl Ady (Adj) Agutter, passed away on New Years Eve. he was a great friend of mine. His funeral is at St Columba's Church, RAF Kinloss on Tues 12 Jan 10 at 1330. If anyone remembers him from their tour at Gutersloh they will be most welcome at the funeral. Floral tributes or donations in his name to Help For Heroes may be sent to Watson Funeral Directors, 17 Blackfriars Road, Elgin, IV30 1TY. If you wish to turn up at the funeral send me an email at thomasdochertyATtiscali.co.uk. Wear your best uniform if you want to. i will pass on any responses to his wife Dee.

Cheers

Tom:sad:

SUPER JOLLY GREEN
8th Jan 2010, 16:48
Lost for words and absolutely devastated. I was on JHSU(G) with Adj, some of the happiest days of my career. The last time I spoke to Adj was about attending the JHSU 25th Anniversary. Unfortunately, he could not make it and I was hoping that he could attend the 30th. Please pass my sincere condolences to Dee and the "Agutter Tribe". It seems like a lifetime ago that I used to baby sit their brilliant children. I am stuck in the desert so will be unable to attend the funeral but will be thinking of you all on the 12th. Thanks for the address, I'll make a donation to H4H in memory of Adj.

RIP old friend.

"Jock" Service JHSU(G) 1987-1991 and JHSU(UK) 1991-2001

tomdocherty72
9th Jan 2010, 02:28
Hi Jock,

Sorry to hear you are currently on a camping holiday. I will pass on your kind thoughts to Dee. Funeral is on Tuesday at 1330GMT if you can spare a minute's silence around then.

Ady had a massive heart attack clearing snow around his garage - he never could sit still and take it easy - always doing something. We will all miss him and his wicked sense of humour. Cheers Jock, keep safe out there.

Yours aye

Tom

Moversaregreat
9th Jan 2010, 22:05
Hi

Truely sorry to hear the news...very sad indeed.

I bumped into Ady a couple of years ago as we were working unknowingly at the same place for a short time.

A very nice bloke indeed and will be greatly missed....

RIP Ady......

Martin Fox JHSU(G) 1986-1989

tomdocherty72
10th Jan 2010, 14:54
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your kind thoughts. I will pass them on to Dee and family.

Yours aye

Tom

SUPER JOLLY GREEN
11th Jan 2010, 11:23
Good to hear from Martin (an old friend and another "Happy Hooker" from the Joint Helicopter Support Unit (Germany) "Dream Team"), thanks for taking the time to post a reply.

I would echo Martin's comments, Adj was one of the nicest blokes you could wish to meet, he had time for everyone and always had a huge smile under that equally huge moustache! He loved JHSU(G), especially working with, hooking up under and flying in the mighty Chinook. He was always keen to attend the re-unions and I was absolutely delighted when he and Dee arrived for a night of carnage at the 21st. He will be greatly missed.

I will find a quiet corner of the desert tomorrow at 1330 GMT and spend a few moments of silence to remember Adj and those happy days, RIP old friend.

Tom - please check your PM's

"Jock" Service JHSU(G) 1987-1991 and JHSU(UK) 1991-2001

SUPER JOLLY GREEN
11th Jan 2010, 20:32
Tom,

New PM sent.

Rgds

Jock