PDA

View Full Version : Time for results from UK CAA ATPL exams?

Trolle
5th Jan 2010, 08:52
When I sit a UK ATPL written exam how long before the results are available via phone? I have called the CAA with other questions and there is a menu option for exam results, although I have never used it.

I have sat exams previously and received the results via mail within a few weeks (live on the European continent), however due to my time nearly expiring I would like to know my results ASAP.

The recording on the CAA phone states that applications to sit exams are only allowed once official results are available. Are results via phone official?

JB LFPN FLYER
5th Jan 2010, 10:05
Live from the CAA :cool:

Around 2 weeks after .

JBBJ

Trolle
5th Jan 2010, 11:33
Thanks for the live update!

Any word on whether results by phone are official and one may reapply for a sitting? Or, must one wait until the results are sent by mail?

Quarto
5th Jan 2010, 13:09
I may be wrong on this but I don't think the CAA will give out exam results over the phone, only in writing. Your groundschool should receive the results around 2 weeks after you have completed the exams and if you phone them they should be able to tell you.

I never recieved my exam results from the CAA and had to ask them to re-issue them. It was around the time of the postal strikes so I guess Royal Mail 'lost' them. The CAA were very helpful and the results arrived promptly.

DarkSoldier
5th Jan 2010, 20:33
I don't think the CAA will give out exam results over the phone

True. No point calling them as they won't tell you. We operate a prehistoric system here and the only ways I know are:

1. Wait for the CAA to post them to you - you'll get them roughly 2.5 weeks after your exams

2. Call your school. They can usually give you the results by phone once they have received them from the CAA - that also takes around 2 weeks after the exams.

DS

Trolle
5th Jan 2010, 21:02
Thanks for the replies.

Maybe I misheard the phone menu when I called the CAA the other day, or maybe they just let you choose the option and then tell you to wait for the mail.