PDA

View Full Version : New cost to flyers @ YBAF

TBM-Legend
4th Jan 2010, 21:41
From 1st Jan 10 new landing charges apply at YBAF. For ops during tower hours rises are around 25%....:mad:

Yet another nail in the cross:uhoh:

The_Pharoah
4th Jan 2010, 21:48
thats why I'm doing mine at Redcliffe :ok:

longrass
4th Jan 2010, 22:11
That's why everyone is going to redcliffe, won't be long till they start to capitalise on it

VH-XXX
4th Jan 2010, 22:29
How much has it gone up to?

You'd have to consider ditching before going into there wouldn't you....

It can't be much worse than the $40 bills I keep getting from Essendon (the minimum charge).

tmpffisch
4th Jan 2010, 22:55
Could be worse XXX, where I trained at Moorabbin, they would charge $70 for Essendon. $100+ for Avalon. Unfortunately, have to go where the instructor/ATO tells you to.

VH-XXX
4th Jan 2010, 23:31
Did my AFR recently. Instructor flatly refused to go into YMMB or YMEN purely based on the cost. We didn't even fly over them.

Ando1Bar
5th Jan 2010, 00:16
Last I heard was the landing fees were being changed to stop double charging by AAC and reflect what 'normal' airports do. Until now they would charge the same amount whether the tower was open or not. The new fees involve the landing fee and an Airservices charge. I was also lead to believe the total fee wouldn't be much different to the current charge, but I'm yet to see the new rate.

TBM-Legend
5th Jan 2010, 05:15
There is a copy of the new rates on your current bill or go to the website. Statements from Mr "Avian" don't quite add up. Parking stays the same. An example given is that a PC-12 goes from $88 under the old combined regime to around $115 under the new split arrangement during tower hours.

http://www.archerfieldairport.com.au/Downloads/Schedule%20of%20charges_Jan2010.pdf

Also note that non-tower time charges "might" have to go up!!! Mmmmm..to me that means they will.

Anyway, "you can just on-charge the customers more" says Mr. "Avian"...

ScarabofRa
5th Jan 2010, 22:29
+1 for Redcliffe :}