PDA

View Full Version : BA and extra leg room seats

starbuck123
3rd Jan 2010, 14:03
Can anyone tell me how you go about getting the extra legroom seats on BA? You cant seem to reserve them online and could do with the room being tall. I dont mind paying the extra, just cant figure out how you do it online.

Also can anyone explain this......
Flight with BA from heathrow to las vegas outbound 25th jan £235, return 29th Jan £1493!!! Can this be a web error or do BA know something i dont? seems rather steep!

Thanks

TopBunk
3rd Jan 2010, 15:12
Well I think BA will know more than you about the booked loads for any given day. It could be that the 29th is already virtually fully booked, therefore the price reflects the demand.

Try looking at prices a day or so either side.

Re more legroom, think about paying for World Traveller Plus, about 6 inches extra legroom and one fewer abreast.

All Ahead Full
3rd Jan 2010, 18:29
You will find that if you stay the Saturday night, then the fare will come down substantially, with regard to extra legroom, then WT+ is the first option....

dubh12000
3rd Jan 2010, 20:41
You'll find that any gold carders could have taken the seats already also.

apaddyinuk
3rd Jan 2010, 23:04
You can now pay extra for the exit row seats however I am not sure if the facility has been put online yet. You can do it however by calling their contact center!

wowzz
4th Jan 2010, 12:16
The earliest you can book an exit seat is 10 days before departure, unless you are a Gold Card holder, in which case you can request one at any time, and for no fee.

Bluejay
4th Jan 2010, 19:36
I believe they can be booked 10 days prior to departure, but I think you have to call. Best bet is call BA Reservations to check and get a quote

Bluejay
4th Jan 2010, 19:53
Ok just checked

1. Only available to book between 10 and 4 days prior to departure
2. Pax must call BA as facility is not yet available online
3. Cost £50/$75 per sector per person

British Airways - Seating Policy (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/mmbseatingpolicy/public/en_gb?gsLink=searchResults)

Rgds

Bluejay