PDA

View Full Version : The Dubai Web of Deceit

mensaboy
2nd Jan 2010, 17:56
Been pondering the latest emails regarding DEWA bills and the almost inexplicable excerpt from TC about ASR's.

First off, regarding the DEWA bills...there is no reasonable explanation for Emirates lack of response on the matter. It is clearly a tale of deceit and lies on both the part of Emirates and DEWA.

Secondly, TC's apparent joy regarding us reaching 4,000 ASR's (aviation safety reports) struck me as being a bit odd. No doubt having ASR's is a good thing in a normal environment, but lets face facts about EK. They respond to inconsequential ASR's, yet they have a history of 'hiding' the incredibly important ones. If anyone has any doubts about EK's policy regarding ASR's, then let me enlighten you. ASR's are only intended to fulfill the GCAA's requirements and they are also used to camouflauge reality.

I was chatting with a dude in the Golden Palace and he alluded to the fact that EK was under some pressure due to the recent massive increase in FATIGUE related ASR's. I went home thinking... Big Deal, fatigue has been a huge issue for a long time now, so what has changed?

Then I reflected upon TC's email regarding his pleasure about so many ASR's and it hit me! Since ASR's are tracked and only considered serious when a particular event happens, OR when there is a disproportionately high number of ASR's concerning particular problems (fatigue), then Emirates has to give an explanation. (even though it takes a near miss, or an accident or something horrendous for the GCAA to actually do their job)

So........ apparently TC and his minions now support more ASR's so you have to beg the question, WHY? It certainly has nothing to do with flight safety.

Then I asked the question to my friend working at EGHQ and he told me that it is not the particular fatigue related ASR's that cause a problem........it is the NUMBER of fatigue ASR's in relation to all the other ASR's that cause EK the problem.

In other words, IF 4000 ASR's are filed and only 5% are fatigue related, then it is not a problem. Yet if 2000 ASR's are raised and 10% are fatigue related......... then it IS a problem.

So it makes sense that TC's BS about encouraging ASR's was pretended to be in the interest of flight safety and was intended to disguise the true reality about Fatigue (which is the most important flight safety issue at EK). They are encouraging more ASR's because they know that most pilots will file them about silly events and this will decrease the proportion of Fatigue related ASR's. The cleverness of our bosses with respect to destroying this job, will never cease to amaze me.

It is almost as if....... when you read something from someone at the Golden Palace,....... you should consider it to be either a complete lie or the exact opposite of reality!

Our leaders are either shockingly stupid or they are downright bad people. Perhaps a combination of the two might be the best description of them!

If you are a normal human being......... get EK out of your mind. This place is a mess!

And for EK pilots, don't file an ASR unless it is required according the the FOM. And ANYTIME their is a fatigue related issue........... then don't be lazy like me......... and file a fatigue related ASR! THIS is the only avenue we have to keep our moron bosses in line!

SOPS
2nd Jan 2010, 19:35
I have to agree..but add (and I know it is strange)..bottom bid group this month, did not bid, 65 Credit...probably the best roster I have ever had...something is up!!!

White Knight
2nd Jan 2010, 20:51
Oh yeah mensa - you're really keeping them in line you big brave boy:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

You have only now just worked out that missives from our leaders mean the opposite of what they say:D:D Jolly well done..

Blue side up and all that heh??

PorkKnuckle
2nd Jan 2010, 22:52
Mensa I disagree!

pia pium
3rd Jan 2010, 03:46
Geeez Pork, what a complete fool you made of yourself with that post! Looking at the time of your post I am guessing it is you who were the pizzed poster when you wrote that crap. Please, stay off the forum either...when you have had a beer....or if you cannot contribute something thats not utter rubbish and abuse. Wise up old boy or go and find a girl and release that tension, there's alot of agression in you man, chill.

Mensa, fair post!

Sheet House Rat
3rd Jan 2010, 04:50
Cruising around the ME forum trying to get a feel for Emirates issues, it seems like the pilot group is pretty angry at management.

Just wondering if there's a reason why guys get so nasty with each other :ouch:when the problems are supposedly coming from outside the cockpit?

There's a saying, "easy on the equipment, hard on the company", maybe it could be paraphrased "easy on each other, hard on the company"?

From the perspective of an outsider looking in, it doesn't seem like a happy go-lucky place.:sad:

With the recession somewhere near halftime, a three year contract doesn't seem like such a good idea if things are as bad as depicted on several threads.

SHR

PorkKnuckle
3rd Jan 2010, 07:12
Please, stay off the forum either...when you have had a beer....

Yes good idea.

I'm not really sure what set me off but I gotta get outa this place. Hangin on too tight. Sorry Mensa, too many lagers.

nolimitholdem
3rd Jan 2010, 11:53
It is almost as if....... when you read something from someone at the Golden Palace,....... you should consider it to be either a complete lie or the exact opposite of reality!

I've been using this technique for ages now, it works as a Secret Decoder Ring for FCI's and Weekly Operational Bulletins. When I am bored enough to read them.

Sorta like the old joke, how do you know when they're lying to you...when their lips are moving...*yawn*

I've decided they are pathologically incapable of telling the truth. But full marks for consistency.