PDA

View Full Version : ATPL in Dublin.

Tom Power
1st Jan 2010, 21:36
Could someone tell me places in Dublin that I can get my ATPL dround steuies done... Not looking to do distance learning. Cheers, and Happy New Year!!!

whistling turtle
1st Jan 2010, 22:00
Hey Tom,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but there are no full time atpl schools in Ireland period to the best of my knowledge....Atlantic in Cork have a supervised study distance learning school and I think PTC have a full time ground school in Florida.

That said having finished the atpl's last year I may be out of touch and new developments on this front may have happened in the meantime.... Best bet is to give the various schools here a call.

All the best with your studies.

navneet
2nd Jan 2010, 22:17
HeY Tom well i am looking forward to do my conversion and planning to do it from Ireland.As per my knowledge NFC conduct Distance learning program.
If you come up with more information please please let me know.
thnks
wish you very happy new year:ok:

ephemeris
2nd Jan 2010, 22:23
Atlantic in Cork run a full-time ATPL course.

Tom Power
3rd Jan 2010, 01:24
Are you sure atlantic do full time ground studies, and not just distance with revision weeks??? Cheers...

ephemeris
3rd Jan 2010, 18:26
I believe the correct title of their course is "Full-time assisted learning ATPL ground schoolcourse"
Tom (ex RAF rotary and fixed wing) is there 5 days a week and lectures and supervises the study program. The studes have access to the classroom 7 days a week and study together when not being lectured. They do it on a full time basis so you would cetainly have the banter et al that you miss when distance learning.
It seems to work well for the lads..

Tom Power
4th Jan 2010, 18:52
Thank you for that.

wicked approch
7th Jan 2010, 19:19
Hello There
Does is make any difference if you do your ground classes through DL or Full time ???
cheeroo