PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Theory Preperation

PAPI 32
1st Jan 2010, 15:11
Hi all.

It's about 3 weeks until I start with my ATPL ground school. What's the best I can do to prepare myself with the theoretical side of things with relation to the course?

student88
1st Jan 2010, 15:23
If I was you I'd go over all my PPL theory again. It's a good foundation for what you're soon to learn. So yeah, get back up to scratch with the basic theory.

Start off sh*t hot! Good luck with the course.

Dane-Ger
1st Jan 2010, 15:25
I would start by re-reading all the PPL books, the ATPL's build on the PPL knowledge and if that is in order it will make it much easier. Apart from that getting to grips with some basic maths again, and basic physics (like re-arranging formula etc) helps.

good luck
D-G

PAPI 32
1st Jan 2010, 15:33
Thanks for the swift reply. I'll dig out the PPL confuser and have a bash through that.

student88
1st Jan 2010, 15:36
The confuser is useless for the theory, its great for the right answers though. It's basically the Bristol question bank at PPL level.

The CAA/EASA are becoming more and more wise to people just learning the answers and not the theory behind it. Just be careful.

Daniel777
5th Jan 2010, 08:53
Hello Guys,

Quick advice please:

I am just about to take my last 4 ATPL exams.

These are the exams I have to retake cause I didn't pass first time(recieved 74% on two of them)

Any advice how to revise?Should I just hit Bristol as much as I can?

Its quite disppointing to fail by one point...

Thank you,

Danny

go around flaps15
5th Jan 2010, 10:26
Ok so you have done the course studied the materials and you have narrowly missed out. Sit on your hands and think about this for a minute without panicking. Get on to Bristol, and I think they have still have 2 versions on the question banks. It used to be v1 and v2. I think now it is v2 and v3. They are both the same question banks but some questions are different in v2. The CAA are known to throw a few questions in from the "old" question bank which would be v2. Do both of these question banks for each subject and know them well. Do the mock tests on bristol from both question banks over and over again and don't be happy unless you are getting 95 percent plus.

If Bristol is the way you are going to go, stick with that, but perfection is key, you need to be getting 95 percent upwards in those mock tests. It should stand you in good stead providing you have the core of the material learned from class or at home. Good luck.