PDA

View Full Version : ITEAs

bazza stub
1st Jan 2010, 06:16
Happy 2010 everyone!

Today officially sees the end of work choices, has anyone got any news about their old contracts being scrapped and a new one taking its place? :ok:

inandout
1st Jan 2010, 08:18
Only new EBA for VA on the way and also for VA CC, via FAAA. Then we can finally have our car park in Brisbane.

Grey Nomad
3rd Jan 2010, 12:17
I think you have been listening and believing the rhetoric from the AFAP a little too much inandout. I am sorry to say that the VA contract/agreement will remain for some time yet. Can you tell us what the response has been like from the VB management regarding the proposed EBA for the pilots and cabin crew?

Joker 10
5th Jan 2010, 00:59
Wishful Thinking, the real situation is the existing contracts are Grandfathered in the Legislation for 5 years or until they naturally expire.

notmyC150v2
5th Jan 2010, 04:06
Joker10, that is not quite correct. AWA's and ITEA's continue in force until they are terminated or replace by an Enterprise Agreement.

The sunsetting provisions only apply to those employers who are not "national system employers" and who are not in a state which has referred the IR powers to the Commonwealth.

If an employee (and/or employer) does not wish to terminate their Individual Agreement after its expiry date, it will continue to apply indefinitely.

Joker 10
5th Jan 2010, 07:55
152, Thats what I said ????????? until they naturally expire is pretty plain english.