PDA

View Full Version : Claiming back of extra loading on life insurance?

graveyboy
31st Dec 2009, 10:11
Hello, I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction of claiming back the extra loading on aircrew life insurance. I was told this was possible when I took out my policy last year. I enquired about this in my UPO but it only brought about a blank look. Thanks for any help.

vecvechookattack
31st Dec 2009, 10:19
JPA is your friend. Make a claim on JPA

graveyboy
31st Dec 2009, 10:29
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if you have to submit the claim every April or is it yearly from when your policy started?

Diablo Rouge
31st Dec 2009, 10:30
I claimed a few years worth last year and I am fairly certain it involved a trip to PSF and some old fashioned though straight forward paperwork. You need a document certifying the extent of the 'loading', which my financial advisor sorted for me. Which again semi confirms the process of claim and audit in a oner.

minigundiplomat
31st Dec 2009, 12:07
Vec,

JPA is your friend.

This statement confirms something a lot of us have suspected for a long time.

Hugh Been'ad
31st Dec 2009, 13:39
The process used to be done on JPA and was actually very simple, especially as it automatically re-submitted 12 months later. Now you fill out a SRIPS form from PSF. The form is quite simple but 'needs' to be signed by a rep from your insurance company to confirm the validity. You are entitled to a 90% refund of the additional premium you pay for service risk. Ie if you were a civvy and paid £100 per year and then paid £150 once in the forces, you can claim back £45. You now have to claim yearly and it is given in your pay.

graveyboy
31st Dec 2009, 13:58
Thanks Hugh, I will get onto it next month when I get back from Norway.