PDA

View Full Version : A Great Delta Employee

loudbmw
30th Dec 2009, 16:47
I was flying my in-laws from MKE to FLL for a Christmas cruise. I had booked one ticket using frequent flier miles and paid cash for the second. Not realizing that the two reservations were not linked, I didn't discover utill they printed out the boarding passes that one reservation was changed to connect through ATL and the other through Cleveland (my fault for not checking both reservations). As they are both 75 years old and one needs a wheel chair this wouldn't work.

We discover this the evening before the flight during the great blizzard last week. I try for three hours to telephone reservations but no surprise there's no luck getting through. Finally I drive to the Orlando airport where it's so late that all the check-in agents have left. The only Delta employee I can find is at the lost luggage desk. I explain the situation and she begins searching for a pair of empty seats (it's Christmas and everything is booked solid). She spends a hour on her terminal and the phone searching every possible connection and manages to find them flights.

I truly appreciate the agents assistance (sorry I didn't get her name) and it's why I fly Delta.

P.S. - the cruise was great too.

Lou