PDA

View Full Version : EK command upgrade policy, FCI renewed, minor changes

EK Snorkel
28th Dec 2009, 13:52
The FCI concerning "Command upgrade and fleet transfer policy" has been renewed, valid until July 2010. Only minor changes, the flight hour requirements stay the same. :ugh:

Happy New Year everyone :ouch:

Volverine
29th Dec 2009, 09:22
VERY BAD NEWS, EXEPT FOR THE Q JUMPERS :E
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

fatbus
29th Dec 2009, 10:57
I hope you didn't expect it to change. History has shown that not to happen so why now

ANFA
29th Dec 2009, 12:04
Fatbus is right....

I believe this policy has yet to serve its purpose. While it may result in cue jumping within the existing pilot group, it could also serve as an excuse to hire dec's due to the "lack of qualified candidates" already serving as first officers.

Not knowing what motivated the FCI in the first place, we are only left to guess how the airline will manage recruitment and promotion with the policy still in place.

For those who think it was an insurance underwriting issue, explain how the airline can insure ab-initio pilots who have vastly less flight experience when they begin at EK than expat-FO's who have fallen victim to this FCI?

There's more to this than meets the eye, and potential new joiners should carefully analyze the way business is done here in Sparkle City before joining our flying circus.

ANFA

Volverine
29th Dec 2009, 13:03
They don't care about the signed contract and your career plan.
Once here you're done.
FCI translation : Listen guys "Flight OPS sits on seniority and will cook the book on demand. Beware and enjoy, if you can ..."
It's pure fact, multiple contract breaches and such FCI's demonstrates that what you have signed (or will sign) is like the paper roll in the toilet.

Fart Master
29th Dec 2009, 17:04
That's coz nothings really changed

Bypass ratio
30th Dec 2009, 11:46
There's a heap of ex Varig F/O's who have just jumped the cue.......interesting times ahead.:ugh:

Volverine
30th Dec 2009, 11:50
Good point !
Who cares about fatigue and safety ? FAA ?

fatbus
30th Dec 2009, 12:19
Hours have not changed so why are there Varig FO's jumping the cue now?

Fart Master
30th Dec 2009, 12:23
obogs, why? what has changed re the hours limits?

IXNAT
30th Dec 2009, 12:54
As of today.....101 FCI's this year. If that doesn't tell you they can and will change anything at their desire. This does not include FCN's. Way to go guys, keep us off balance.:D The same as having over 80 pages of flight plan info on some flights. Sorry for the thread creep. Just never know what's going to change tomorrow.

Volverine
30th Dec 2009, 14:33
One Flight Crew Instruction FCI note every 3.6 days average in 2009.
Plus few FCN just for fun.
Well done guys ! SO YOU DEFINITLY NEED TO JUSTIFY YOUR HIGH SALARY :E and your weekends at home.

If you could just fly more and give us a hand to make the company even more profitable, AND SAFER, that would be very nice.:cool:
Top top managment should smell the cofee on this one...

StealyEyedMissileMan
31st Dec 2009, 11:03
The recruitment website still has the old pre-FCI FOM/OM-A (draft) limits, which are significantly lower. Why? How long have you been with EK? Is it long enough to know that one hand has very little idea what any of the countless other hands are doing?

EK Snorkel
31st Dec 2009, 12:43
Hours have not changed so why are there Varig FO's jumping the cue now?

On the published upgrade list for the bus I can`t find any Brasilieros. Are you referring to the Boeing?

It seems though as if some SFI`s and former "regional drivers" (less than 4000h above 55t) are being passed over.... :\

Sheet House Rat
31st Dec 2009, 14:20
Isn't upgrade based on overall seniority on the FO list?? How else would you go about it?

Bypass ratio
1st Jan 2010, 05:12
Well according to the FCI you need 3000 hours on Company aircraft! This can include previous airline experience flying the Boeing777 or Airbus330/340. Therefore, you maybe able to cue jump the seniority list!:ugh:

clear to land
1st Jan 2010, 06:25
There is no 'may'. it has already happened. People who were hired 4 plus years ago have already been bypassed! Extra enroute newspaper reading is more highly regarded than seniority! :ugh::ugh:

fatbus
1st Jan 2010, 07:55
Ya and the pass rate for the 4 plus year airbus pilots is 50%, but im sure it was not their fault.

Time to chill boys

donpizmeov
1st Jan 2010, 13:21
Any FO that joined prior to 2003 was hard done by, as they were lied to about DECs not taking any command opportunities away from them, when it was quite obvious it was going to happen. These guys had the goal posts well and truly moved on them, and had a just complaint.

The FO that joined after 2003 knew what the situation was and still decided to join. What is happening now is just a continuation of what started back then, but now effects them (new joiner post 2003), when they thought it would only be the other guy (pre 2003). The Que jumping referred to here has been occurring since 2001 when command criteria was changed after the gulfair accident. So nothing is different now to when these guys joined. Yes the numbers are different, but the net effect is the same.

The upgrade criteria is not part of your contract, so its change is not a breach of contract. So far I believe the DEWA billing is the only contract breach.

The Don

Volverine
1st Jan 2010, 22:26
blablabla
Stupid and unfair ALAS
MAKE IT SIMPLE AND STOP JUSTIFY ABSURD FCI's
Are you better than me because you have 200 h hard time more ? BIG LOL.
SENIORITY FIRST MY FRIEND !
ONE DAY YOU WILL ASK FOR SAME RESPECT.

donpizmeov
2nd Jan 2010, 05:32
Volverine,

I am not trying to justify anything. All I am doing is stating fact. Nothing has really changed command wise since you joined. You made your decision to join knowing that a group of FOs had/were already being shafted for command at that time, and yet you still considered EK the place for you. Surely its no surprise that the shaftings were going to continue, or did you consider yourself above those already here and being shafted and believe it would not happen to you?

I agree this command sham is stupid and unfair but you joined knowing the terms of reference ie: FOs were being shafted command wise. As I have stated it has been happening since at least 2003 and some were shafted from 2001. Welcome to the group.

Don

kiwi
2nd Jan 2010, 06:54
Volverine, maybe you should have done a little more research before taking the plunge into EK. As Don says, there was plenty of info as to how things were here as early as 2003. I wouldn't wait around here hoping that seniority will be observed or respected. The first lines of the FCI says it all i.e. The company will always do what suits the company, all the rest is for touchy feely meaningless words, as they'll always change to meet the first clause.

Praise Jebus
2nd Jan 2010, 12:00
In 2001 I was two weeks away from starting my command course when it all changed and waited another 14 months. Listen to the Don or keep your eyes wide shut.