PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know any shop in Dubai you can buy pilot shirts?

bizjetsurprise
28th Dec 2009, 08:50
Have searched far and wide and not yet found anywhere you can buy pilot shirts with epaulettes in Dubai. Any suggestions appreciated as I cannot wait for mail order.

Jet II
28th Dec 2009, 11:30
Go down to Satwa and have them made to measure

jimmyg
28th Dec 2009, 12:06
Check out Lobo Tailors tel:04-2821666 it is where are uniforms and shirts are made.

bizjetsurprise
28th Dec 2009, 13:03
Thanks for the Lobo Tailors reference. Rang them and will probably drop in the Cargo Village to get some made for the longer term, but they take a week to make, and I have used traditional Arabic planning processes and now need uniform urgently for an unexpected mission tomorrow.

Any emergency ideas for ready made pilot shirts anywhere in Dubai would be most appreciated!

MrMachfivepointfive
28th Dec 2009, 13:09
You get 'Olymp' pilot shirts at City Centre Mall. The shop is on the first floor, close to the Atrium.

ab33t
28th Dec 2009, 17:35
Check the mall

AlvinZane
30th Dec 2009, 02:15
Go to DXB pilot shop. very limited, very expensive. I paid the equivalent of $38 USD each and they just your average off the self rag.

Took the style I like down to local tailor. But he didn't have the cloth i wanted so, I had to go and get material. End result...very nice shirt, very nice.

I had him just make one and tried for week. Went back and got a dozen. About $11 USD each when we where done. Plus had him make the mods I wanted and sew my name into the label. (babes love it)

Shops like Lobo and SAWA do lots of these, but find a good street shop you like and they are much easier to deal with. Usually two day service. Just have to be very careful you get want you wanted.

StealyEyedMissileMan
31st Dec 2009, 11:12
I wanted and sew my name into the label. (babes love it) Yeah but then she'll find out your name and you know how it ends after that...

Yarra
31st Dec 2009, 14:55
or join an airline and they will supply them:)

Tail Rota
31st Dec 2009, 16:10
Watch the papers fellas:cool:

Looks like someone maybe wanting to get upto no good!!!!:E

Urgent mission........no time........must have.....and isnt working for an airline......!!!!:ugh:

call me old fashioned but bizjetsurprise might be from one of those other places that trains specailists....surely it cant be that urgent:=

Or he maybe going to a fancy dress party new years eve trying to impress a few dizzy bun runners:yuk:

TR:ok:

gipsy moth
31st Dec 2009, 19:51
I went to a neighborhood Taylor and made some very fine shirts for 40 AED each. Go at any Pakistani or Indian Taylor.

gipsy moth
31st Dec 2009, 19:54
I have some shirts that I'm not using. I'm 187cm tall, size is 16. If that suits you PM and I'll give'm to you.

AlvinZane
31st Dec 2009, 20:55
For me , very well, sorry about your misfortunes.