PDA

View Full Version : FI(A) training

kolesbukta
27th Dec 2009, 18:13
Hello,

I am looking for training for FI(A) (JAR) rating with intense training schedule, as my normal work restricts to have only ~4 weeks of vacation in row. The price should be max. 10kEur and location somewhere in Europe or U.S. I have checked Aerofan in Madrid, which looks quite ok. Anyway, I would like to hear if someone has got suggestions about any other FTO, fitting into the cirteria above.

BA123
27th Dec 2009, 23:06
You shouldn't put such a tight time limit on your FI training, its important you know how to teach students properly. not just get through a course quickly

JUST-local
28th Dec 2009, 17:05
I think 4 weeks is ok, the fact is you will off had enough by then anyway!

Mine took 5 weeks or so due to a week of poor weather then a few extra days waiting for the examiner.

You will probably learn more in the first few weeks of instructing than on the course.

Good luck.

Mickey Kaye
29th Dec 2009, 14:16
If you do your FI rating in the UK then to some extent you are weather limited. However in the summer 4 weeks should be plenty. I would add to this alot depends on you attitude - the more you put in the quicker you will get done.

I got my FI Renewed at this place and was very impressed

Advanced Flight Training (http://www.advancedflighttraining.co.uk/)

BigGrecian
2nd Jan 2010, 01:13
Two schools in Florida offer the course under UK CAA - both book up a long way in advance (i.e 3-4 months)

One is known for adding a couple of thousand dollars to the course price if you don't pay upfront, which will make it more expensive than Europe. It doesn't take a genius to work out which one.