PDA

View Full Version : Pets from DXB to Europe by air

Bidalot
27th Dec 2009, 17:48
Hi Guys,
Yes to start with, I lost against my girls and finally got to get an all so long promissed dog from K9. Now one question, does anybody know where to get more info on procedures if you want to take that 25 Kg monster back to Europe by air for vacations and how much AED this will be ?? Will go to France for about 4 weeks next summer.
Many thanks in advance to share any experience.

exdxb
27th Dec 2009, 23:52
Hi there,
I moved a bunch of dogs & parrots from DXB to YVR via FRA one way a few years ago.
If you use DXB kennels & Cattery at all (excellent outfit), they are well versed in the latest on import/export and can give you detailed info.
If not, can dig out my papers & share what I have.
As I recall dog shipping (accompanied excess baggage) was reasonably painless as long as they had their rabies shots. Dogs in their kennels were collected at pax check in. They also had to be "chipped" due to overnighting FRA, so no big deal altho expensive.
Of course, regs may have changed in 4 years.
cheers

Kamelchaser
28th Dec 2009, 12:50
Mate, you gotta be nuts or loaded to take a 25kg dog to Europe for a bloody holiday!

3 years ago I sent a small cat one way to Aust...10,000AED.

Your mutt (return) to Europe?....prob the same if not more.

I got better things to do with that sort of money (a 60" LCD

tv comes to mind) ;)

Bidalot
28th Dec 2009, 16:50
Kamelchaser, guess we all got our price to pay ( although am surprised about 10 grants for a cat ) and guess we all do like everybody in the ME..... we take some days but the family gets out of this :mad: place for at least 2 months during summer brake. Nothing to do during this time here anyway ( apart from enjoying Ramadan..... )

@ exdxb, many thanks for your inputs

three eighty
29th Dec 2009, 02:12
A full time house maid will work out marginally more expensive per year than shipping or kenneling the dog but way more convenient. Let her look after the dog while you are on holiday and come back to a clean house as a bonus!
It's also a lot less traumatic on Fido!!!

safelife
30th Dec 2009, 14:53
Send it care of crew ;)

I used to take some pax cat into the flight deck, as they couldn't fit in the cabin and the owner insisted on it not being put in the hold (delay code 99: supersized cat brought to cabin as hand luggage).

The airbus flight deck is big enough after all and it got us some welcome change on the long flight.

Bidalot
31st Dec 2009, 15:17
Hi safelife, good point. Just get me your roster and you got my dog to CDG for about 6 to 7 hours behind you :ok:. For ALL of you, have a great and happy new year 2010 :)