PDA

View Full Version : Limited C of A Warbirds

nomorecatering
27th Dec 2009, 09:17
Just been reading the regs on the Limited C of A in conjunction with the warbirds association website.

Say for an L39 Albatros owner, he would operat the aircraft under a sort of ops manual system from the warbirds association, them also being the training and checking organisation too. Fair enough.

Under the regs, does every flight have to satisfly the conditions in CAR 262. In that the flight must be training, preparation for an airshow, maintenance etc etc.

Do the regs totally prohibit the ....its a nice day lets go for a fly type of operation......meaning, no purpose other than goin for a fly.

VH-XXX
27th Dec 2009, 09:37
I think you'll find it's the case that a PVT flight is ok at any time, however an adventure flight must depart from the same aerodrome etc each time IAW the ops manual.

Good question as I know a number of persons with Limited aircraft that fly all over the place any time they like and I always assumed it was legal.

Joker 10
27th Dec 2009, 19:52
Car 262 Am

LeadSled
28th Dec 2009, 05:34
nomorecatering and XXX,

Put simply, a private flight is not a listed permitted purpose/use under CASR 21.189/CAR 262AM.

Note that the CASR 21.189 Limited C.of A of an aircraft lists the use for that particular aircraft, if it's not on the C. of A (even thought it's in the Regs.) you still can't do it. These regs. say what they mean, and mean what they say.

There are very good risk management reasons for this, but far too hard to cover them here.

Tootle pip!!

PS: CASR 21.189 Limited Cat. has a much wider application than so called "Warbirds". Read it.