PDA

View Full Version : Dubai - fined for having 4x4 on the beach

alwayzinit
27th Dec 2009, 09:13
Well Clucking Bell and a very Happy Xmas from Dubai Police!!:mad:

Just got 2 x texts for 2 x 200 aed fine for being on the 4 x 4 beach on Xmas Eve.

Just one more addition to the lefthand bucket, will the last one out please turn off the lights!:ugh:

fatbus
27th Dec 2009, 09:25
Which beach ?

alwayzinit
27th Dec 2009, 09:54
The one off Al Sufouh Rd just about opposite DC

White Knight
27th Dec 2009, 10:01
Well all vehicles have been banned from the beaches for some years now - as you can see by the faded 'rule' board on that particular beach. It just hasn't been enforced but I guess they need to swell the coffers now, what with several billion owed to big brother down the road:\

Be interesting to see if ALL vehicles get a fine......

ab33t
27th Dec 2009, 10:42
Merry Christmas , you have bought some one a gift

Payscale
27th Dec 2009, 10:54
4x4 beach := Haram habibi. Go pay fine. Halas. :ouch: In any case I do agree. Car dont belong on beaches

Nightfire
27th Dec 2009, 11:23
Agree. Of course it's not nice if you get fined all of a sudden - even less so, if certain ethnic minorities are exempted.

But vehicles are not only not allowed on beaches, they simply don't belong there in the first place. The rule is pretty simple.

PHAROH
27th Dec 2009, 14:32
were there any warning signs ?

White Knight
27th Dec 2009, 14:44
YES........................ Been there for YEARS....................

mensaboy
27th Dec 2009, 18:04
WhiteKnight is the King of knowledge. Sorry mate, it is so necessary to reprimand you, due to your posts. You might want to take a 'social skills course', haha.

Everyone should consider the fact that perhaps many people didn't know about ''the beach driving ban'' which was only instituted a year or so ago. Plus the fact, that many LOCALS still drive on the beach without repercussion. Naturally, us expats are not always aware of the new rule changes.

It must be entertaining flying with you WhiteKnight, when your colleague inadvertently does something contrary to some miniscule SOP change. Honestly, take a stress pill and cut people some slack!

Might I mention one other new rule (slash TAX) for everyone. When you get your Vehicle re-registered, they ask if you have a sign (the little fold-out red warning cautions), in your car. If you do not have it, they demand 40DHS for a piece of crap one, or you can come back another day to finish their process. Obviously everyone just pays the 40DHS tax and gets on with their lives.

Sorry WhiteKnight, you probably knew about this new rule too, so feel free to slander me. My goodness you are entertaining! lol

GoreTex
28th Dec 2009, 05:08
should be fined 1000, before the law there were hundreds of cars on the beaches and some guys with tinted windows drove like idiots between playing children.

Gulfstreamaviator
28th Dec 2009, 06:37
are the vast number ol local cars still blacked out, regardless of the law.

they have the biggest beach possible, so whats the problem.

glf

S.F.L.Y
28th Dec 2009, 07:06
Let's say that locals would be fined just like the abused expats, would you stop driving your bloody car on the beach?

Would you drive your car in a kindergarten playground? With all the quads, 4x4, jet skis and other kit surfers I can't really say I'm relaxing on the beach be it on the sand or in the water. To me it's not a matter of fines or nationality, it's just education.

Schibulsky
28th Dec 2009, 07:20
S.FLY...NOBODY here excuses driving on the beach as a good habit, they are just pissed off that there are (as always) no laws enforced for the :mad: locals.
So it IS a matter of fines and nationality !!
Why don't you post your always local-excusing crap at the GulfNews website...you might get a free "I love Dubai" sticker for it!:ok:

S.F.L.Y
28th Dec 2009, 08:27
Shibulito, calm down buddy. If fines have to be paid it's because laws have been adopted. I'm personally glad such laws can be enforced to 80% of the population if not 100%. That would prevent expats to behave like the locals which you dislike so much. Obviously it doesn't prevent people like you to be little bit confused about the state in which you deliberately settled-in. It never was a republic and nobody promised you any democratic rights. I'm more concerned about preserving my relatives from idiots than ensuring everybody is treated like me.

So what is your point? Should we all be treated equally with locals or should locals and us be treated equally like Indian workers?

Flying Spag Monster
28th Dec 2009, 08:29
For the last year there has been two signs at the entrance to that beach, they are located just 50ft from Al Sufouh Road either side of the grass and read; "Authorised Vehicles Only" So if you go past them as I and hundreds of others do, you are accepting the risk of a fine, simple. You guys know how it works so no point complaining, there are rules that don't get enforced so the masses just get used to breaking them until the day an over zealous official decides to enforce it. Be it tinted windows, driving and using a mobile, even going more than the speed limit. (hey you can do 20 kph over can't you...?).

Alwayzinit, this time it was your time, bad luck.

White Knight
28th Dec 2009, 14:59
Mensaboy - 4x4s have been banned from beaches since about '05, maybe earlier.. It was splattered all over the local 'papers at the time.. Guess you haven't been around long enough heh?? Just take a look at the very faded signs that are up on all beaches - it's not hard:D It just hasn't been enforced - until now!!

So no MB - it wasn't instituted a year ago... Back to the IQ drawing board for you:{:{

Jet II
28th Dec 2009, 16:43
Might I mention one other new rule (slash TAX) for everyone. When you get your Vehicle re-registered, they ask if you have a sign (the little fold-out red warning cautions), in your car. If you do not have it, they demand 40DHS for a piece of crap one, or you can come back another day to finish their process. Obviously everyone just pays the 40DHS tax and gets on with their lives.

What do you think happens in every other country that requires a warning triangle in each car?

In France if you dont have the required kit you get a fine of not 40 Dhs but 475 Dhs - rip-off Dubai eh? :{

Schibulsky
28th Dec 2009, 23:02
In France if you dont have the required kit you get a fine of not 40 Dhs but 475 Dhs - rip-off Dubai eh?
Little difference: the rule is published properly...when you buy a car its equipped with it....and the frogs pay the fine as well!!
civilisation eh?

S.F.L.Y
29th Dec 2009, 06:49
Little difference: the rule is published properly...when you buy a car its equipped with it....and the frogs pay the fine as well!!
civilisation eh?

Thanx for granting froggies the access to the civilized world. Now let's talk about it: in France this law is only published in the official texts, just like in UAE, how is it more "properly" published? Cars are not automatically equipped with the kit btw.

Regarding the payment of the fines I think you're overestimating the French Civilization: just like here there's a bunch of "VIPs" who manages to walk around these issues. Call it whatever you want, the percentage is most probably the same as the percentage of local population in DXB. Instead of being based on a racial criteria these benefits are most of the time granted on a social status basis, honestly, where is the difference?

Look at all the public money abuses in European governments (I think UK had interesting recent records in that matter) and tell me how this civilized world is enforcing its laws to ALL citizens?

alwayzinit
29th Dec 2009, 22:41
Guys, yes I did know about the new signs.

What pressed all the buttons was :
1) To access the beach with required beach stuff are we to use a camel now?
2) I agree wholeheartedly that screaming around the beach in/on any motorised vehicle is just plain dumb. However driving around the edge of said bit of sand keeping well clear of kids/bbqs etc and parking doesn't hurt anybody.

Now if the sign was placed on the raised bit of beach some 100yds from the water thus creating a parking line, no complaint but effectively blocking the beach to anything other than foot traffic:ugh:

IMHO it is just another example of just another silly not thought through regulation designed to .............. what?

The guy on the fines desk was totally gobsmacked and said sorry!

As originally said, another addition to the lefthand bucket!