PDA

View Full Version : More of the same Crap? (Blatant lies from DL this time)

ExSimGuy
25th Dec 2009, 12:14
From what I have read here and in JB, Delta have always been accused of having crap regard for their pax once fares have been paid, however I did have occasion to post here around 10 years ago the exemplary treatment when my daughter was taken ill during a flight from Sidney to San Fran (and word was passed-on via PPRuNe, and the crew officially commended on their efforts). However, today suggests that was a 'one-off'.

The same daughter and her family came to visit us in UK for an 'early Christmas' - arriving a week ago and leaving this morning (Christmas Day) in order to get the best ticket price PHL-MAN-PHL. We had our 'official Christmas', turkey and all, last Tuesday - birthday of my wife (Techchic for those who remember her). The flight was MAN-JFK-PHL both ways

A few days prior to departure, she had a call from the courts to say that she should pitch up with her almost-adopted daughter for the final adoption hearing on the day they should have been travelling. Delta in PHL duly were approached with a view to changing 4 seats from that day to the next - "Courts are not our problem; just pay us $550 per seat". In the interests of finance, that meant her other half and his son travelling as planned and my daughter and newly adopted daughter taking a flight the next day only costing them extra $1100 (plus taxi to the airport and my £20 fuel for the extra run from Southport to MAN, plus a day of the holiday lost). She also had to fly via ATL on the outbound trip, return being unchanged.

Naturally, after the snows earlier this week, we were keeping an eye on the WX at MAN over the last couple of days, and there didn't seem to be any problem towards the end of the week. Not being sure of Delta's 'reconfirmation policy', we called 24 hours before the flight and were told that the return flight to JFK had been 'cancelled' and that the family would have to fly back again via ATL. '***** happens?'

Due to the long trip time via ATL, she asked if she could fly MAN-JFK-PHL a day or two later and was told "No problem, if you pay us more money" (Deja vue?). They canx the booked flight and then dictate that you take the substitute of their choice:mad: The trip out was a bit much for the young child who is in a full-trunk cast after a slip a month or so back, but no matter, they had to fly via ATL again.

Imagine my surprise (?!) when checking the depatures after I returned from dropping them off at MAN to see that DL065 to ATL went out at 10:52, followed shortly after at 12:07 by DL155 - the cancelled flight:ugh:

Can anyone suggest any explanation for this rather than DL having screwed up their flight loads and shuffling pax around at random with no regard for those pax unless they are prepared to pay extra because DL cannot provide the service (MAN-JFK-PHL) that they originally sold?

Delta have now been added to my list (EK) of 'no-fly'airlines that don't give a toss about their pax unless they are prepared to pay out:(