PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Airport YHM

RooCat
24th Dec 2009, 19:07
Hi, just wondering what will happen for Hamilton Airport in Canada now since the domestic departures of Air Canada and Transatlantic flights of FlyGlobespan?Will another airline restart any routes across the pond as I thought they were always quite popular?

Donkey497
24th Dec 2009, 20:37
Probably won't have a huge effect on YHM.

Currently they're showing 18 domestic destinations & 13 international scheduled services all served by WestJet with only 5 (GLA, EDI, LGW, BFS & DUB) served by FlyGlobespan, so ultimately, it's just over 10% of their destinations, but the domestic & US/Caribbean destinations are all much more frequent, so overall the drop in traffic will be much smaller.

The globespan flights were always pretty full by my own experience & I quite liked YHM as I always found it refreshing to walk across the tarmac to the immigration hall - certainly helped to get out in open after the flight. Having said that, if I'd ever arrived or left there when it was raining, I probably wouldn't be so fond of it, because it was a bit too far to go from the air stairs to the immigration hall to hope to stay dry.

Hopefully someone will take up the routes & we can get some decent direct flights at a reasonable cost.