PDA

View Full Version : flying in canada with a faa license

rajeshmarndi
24th Dec 2009, 13:41
Can anyone plz provide some information on doing my Indian receny on a multi-engine.

I have a FAA CPL from usa. For the recency I need to do 3 take-off and landing test by day and night and two approaches. I had mailed to some school in canada regarding this, but didn't get any response. May be because the requirement is small.

Unfortunately I couldn't do it in usa b'coz my visa got rejected, so no hope there anymore. And in India I don't have the multi-engine Beechcraft Duchess be-76 in which I have the rating.

I would be thankful for any kind of information.

Thank you.

kevinsky18
24th Dec 2009, 14:13
It's easy. You just need to get a Canadian License issued based on you FAA license and medical.

Bring your FAA license, Medical and log book to a TC office in Vancouver and they will get you a conversion in about 1 hour. Pluss a processing fee I'm guessing $65

ab33t
24th Dec 2009, 17:11
Yes and you can get a ME check on any twin

Maitreya
27th Dec 2009, 12:06
1)did u apply fr a M1 visa or a tourist visa..? i am asking coz even i am planing to go for my IR recency...!!! (BE-76) and ab33t (http://www.pprune.org/members/148810-ab33t)

2) i have my indian cpl how many hrs of IR flying is needed fr recency..?

rajeshmarndi
28th Dec 2009, 03:33
Thanks for the reply.
Do i need to appear for any kind of written exam or checkride for the conversion into Canadian.
And what kind of visa will be required for this and how long you think it would take to get done.