PDA

View Full Version : Kronos EY

saviboy
24th Dec 2009, 12:05
Hi everyone
I was curious to know if anybody would have heard of the scheduling software Kronos. it looks like EY just bought it and is getting ready to implement it.
What changes could be excpected if any?
thanks

ab33t
24th Dec 2009, 13:33
It works well , steep learning curve but if you can click a mouse you are ok

saviboy
24th Dec 2009, 13:50
more details please?
can the employees expect any sort of improvements in the scheduling area?

Hoggtart
25th Dec 2009, 09:00
Don't know much about KRONOS but I do know that like Australianconman states the company haven't used AIMS to its proper potential, probably because they have an idiot running that department (CC)! No doubt Kronos contributed to us not getting a bonus and they will probably screw that one up!
As they say garbage in garbage out. But from previous experience somebody probably got a nice back hander to make the switch!

brasil-tester
7th Jan 2010, 14:37
Used it at EY for 3 years. If you keep your requests simple and don't overcomplicate things, you will get excellent schedule. I did very well, especially on days off.

It uses an optimizer to try to get you what you want. It's a computer though, so it's following instructions which are your requests and the company parameters. Keep them simple.

AIMS is a manual system. Completely different. The operator build the rosters by hand.

Some months were better than others, but like I said, it can work really well if you keep your request simple.

Togalk
7th Jan 2010, 17:39
How can you NOT keep your requests simple??? All you are allowed to bid, is either one block of up to four days off OR one flight.

Sir Osis of the river
7th Jan 2010, 21:07
Brasil Tester,

The first post says EY have just bought the system. You say you used it at EY for 3 years??

Did they have it before and give it up or are you confused??:confused:

Sir O

brasil-tester
8th Jan 2010, 13:13
Sorry, finger trouble or Freudian slip, I meant EK :ugh:

brasil-tester
8th Jan 2010, 13:22
"How can you NOT keep your requests simple??? All you are allowed to bid, is either one block of up to four days off OR one flight"

I don't know what you are getting at EY. At EK we had about 30 or 40 bid choices. I think you may be getting a roster request system wiht limited choices, versus a PBS, which is what I used at EK. We had a seniority based system with a rotating seniority list.
I've used request systems before in a previous life...

With your growth, AIMS would not be able to keep up.

BT