PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand pilot recruitment

SnotNoseJockey
22nd Dec 2009, 06:25
So what's going on here? Keep hearing rumblings about air nz group recruitment going through the hub now? Has anything actually been agreed?

Are we heading toward all link pilots being issued with some sort of seniority number for big brother?

Confused

SnotNoseJockey
23rd Dec 2009, 03:31
Anyone? Don't be shy. Or are you all as clueless as me on this one?

Sqwark2000
23rd Dec 2009, 04:19
Recruit to group is being discussed.... nothing about what sort of deal it will involve... but it is being talked about.

Split Flap
23rd Dec 2009, 17:57
HR have been wanting to get their horrible mitts on recruitment for a long time, it sounds like they will be getting their way.
God help all that have to interveiw if thats the case. The interveiw will turning into some sort of tree hugging, kitty patting, botty fondling, hug festival that will have nothing to do with aeroplanes whatsoever. Facilitating the process will be some pilot hating power bitch that that has seen a picture of an aeroplane and so is instantly qualified to ask questions relating the operation of a commercial jet. As she has also seen a picture of a turboprop, expect to be asked questions about your current type.
AirNZ is a HR department with a small airline attached to the side of it.

There have been rumours about a combined seniority system for a long time, this was mainly to ensure a supply of pilots and give pilots some knowledge that when thier number came up they would be able to have a crack at AirNZ.
With the current situation I would imagine the project has gone on hold as it's back to the usuall situation of shake a tree and half a dozen pilots will fall out of it.
Either way, it's of no consequence as there will be no recruitment for a LONG LONG time. :(

kangaroota
23rd Dec 2009, 19:34
Almost correct Split.

ANZ is actually an HR dept with a slightly smaller legal dept that has a slightly smaller pilot bounty hunting dept. Annexed to HR is the IT dept and the marketing dept. It's been rumoured that they also operate an airline:}

27/09
24th Dec 2009, 02:56
Either way, it's of no consequence as there will be no recruitment for a LONG LONG time.

Can you define a LONG LONG time?

Some murmurings I hear indicate that a LONG LONG time could be 2 -3 months.

framer
24th Dec 2009, 03:04
The interveiw will turning into some sort of tree hugging, kitty patting, botty fondling, hug festival that will have nothing to do with aeroplanes whatsoever. Facilitating the process will be some pilot hating power bitch that that has seen a picture of an aeroplane and so is instantly qualified to ask questions relating the operation of a commercial jet.

lol thats my favourite prune paragraph of 2009. Gold.

Split Flap
24th Dec 2009, 05:26
Can you define a LONG LONG time?

No, but considering managment is still harping on about excess pilot numbers and approx 50 pilots on yes letters I think the chances of an interveiw in the medium term, ie 2010, would be highly unlikely.

Some murmurings I hear indicate that a LONG LONG time could be 2 -3 months.

Sorry mate but I would bet my entire collection of spiderman comics on that not happening. Happy to lose the collection if it means jobs for the boys thou.

lol thats my favourite prune paragraph of 2009. Gold.

Sweet, just in time too! :ok:

27/09
24th Dec 2009, 07:45
No, but considering managment is still harping on about excess pilot numbers and approx 50 pilots on yes letters I think the chances of an interveiw in the medium term, ie 2010, would be highly unlikely.

Forgive me if I've got it wrong, BUT, I thought this thread was about recruitment for the whole of the Air NZ group including link operators. So I'll take your bet, there will be interviews in 2010 and before the halfway point to boot. I don't want your Spiderman comics, they're quite safe. :)

Have to agree with your comments about the HR/recruitment situation though.

Split Flap
24th Dec 2009, 09:29
Ah, right, didn't think you were talking about the link operators, then yes Id' say you are right and my comic collection is down the ****ter.

Sqwark2000
25th Dec 2009, 08:16
Heard a bit more about this the other day.....

Recruit to Group could be started as early as first quarter 2010. Eagle are a bit tight for numbers apparantly.

The 3 LOM's for the regionals will be a part of a steering group that will get together with each recruiting run.... The boys & girls off the street will do the full multi-day interview gig and then, if successful, be recommended for whatever operator is looking. Those already in the group, will put their hand up for positions as advertised, the steering group will discuss and provide feedback to the operator on the hunt i.e. Uncle Koru, and if recommended the applicant will do a Sim eval and that'll be it.

There won't be a combined group seniority list from what I've heard. If you are already in the link group and are successful for AirnZ jet, you'll leave your current list and join the bottom of the AirNZ list.

Be interesting to see how they advertise for positions, if at all, across the 4 groups.

S2K

DeltaT
26th Dec 2009, 07:51
Is it the married couple who control mainline recruitment that are driving this new change?

framer
26th Dec 2009, 17:06
Those already in the group, will put their hand up for positions as advertised, the steering group will discuss and provide feedback to the operator on the hunt
Will the feedback they provide be something along the lines of "please don't take this pilot as then we have to train up another one....take one from Air National, PB, or even GBA but pleeease don't take this one" ??

empacher48
27th Dec 2009, 01:21
Will the feedback they provide be something along the lines of "please don't take this pilot as then we have to train up another one....take one from Air National, PB, or even GBA but pleeease don't take this one" ??

More like "this one is trouble to us" so pass it on to someone else?:E