PDA

View Full Version : F28 at Tennant Creek - circa 1982ish.

C441
22nd Dec 2009, 03:35
Does anyone have a copy of any of the photos taken of an Ansett WA (I think) F28 departing Tennant Creek in the early 80's? If you have seen the photos, one of which was on the cover of the Flight Safety mag years ago, you'd know the ones I mean.:ok:

They were taken by a former Tennant FSO who was also responsible for some great shots of our Tillair aircraft back then.

Fred Gassit
22nd Dec 2009, 03:39
This might be useful, or not, but there is a copy of it in Reg Adkins book "I flew for MMA"

C441
22nd Dec 2009, 04:14
Excellent. Thanks Fred.

I managed to track down the image below via a search for Reg Adkins, but I'm after a higher res image if anyone can drop me a copy.

http://members.upnaway.com/~sharena/f28/tennant_creek_takeoff.jpg

greybeard
22nd Dec 2009, 04:38
Do you mean the "low flying" one (Airlines of WA) or just the general shots?

There was also "the funeral" as the last scheduled F-28 departed at one time, and then the return to the service later. I just happened to be on those services, may have some 6x4s, after the end of January to find if I can.

:ok:

Faster than a speeding bullet, post beat me.
I MAY have somethig of that one.

zlin77
22nd Dec 2009, 05:59
Is that F-28 in the photo one of The D.O.T. navaid calibration A/C? From memory they operated 3 of them around that period, plenty of good excuses for low passes etc.

PLovett
22nd Dec 2009, 10:01
At least that one got off the ground - just as it sure ain't a normal departure - last year when based there I met a guy who could recall being a pax on a F28 that had to wait until about 0300 to depart due to temps being too high to get a balanced field length for the weight.

C441
22nd Dec 2009, 23:26
Is that F-28 in the photo one of The D.O.T. navaid calibration A/C?

No. A more scheduled operation than that....

A fairly noisy bugger at close range was the F28. I seem to remember Brenton had a few days off after capturing this photo.:D

greybeard
23rd Dec 2009, 06:13
The A/C is VH-FKG, RPT DRW-ASP via TDL and obviously Tennant Creek.

Flown by a "very senior Capt" take-off RW 07, there was a series of shots, this one as the gear doors closed, very noisy, main problem was the fumes in the eyes as it went past I believe.

Aircraft is in Airlines of WA colours, one of the temporary names for the WA operation of MMA, AWA, Ansett WA, Ansett in a pre history time.

:ok:

tinpis
23rd Dec 2009, 10:19
Be a good place to invest in yer Tennant . From busted arse dysfunctional ****hole to booming mine giant when Abbo and his crew sweep into power

topdrop
23rd Dec 2009, 10:50
Try contacting Brenton Hollitt. He used to be with Corporate Aircraft Charter in Adelaide - don't know if he's still there. I've seen quite a few of his Tennant photos.