PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Integrated Courses - Course Content

Traineeeatc
21st Dec 2009, 20:48
Hi,

I'm interested in doing a JAA ATP (A) Integrated Training course. I'm not looking for a discussion on the merits of either integrated or modular though!

I've searched and searched and searched - can ANYONE please explain how flight schools break down the hours (IFR..SPIC...X/C etc etc). I've consulted the JAR's and it says 195 Hours total time required with 115 hours Instrument - this seems excessive and difficult to fit in with all the VFR Training.

While I weigh up the Pros and Cons of each method...can someone on an Integrated Course PM me with a rough outline of the training programme (the integrated flight school websites just stipulate....Single...Multi etc but don't go in to stages and flight excercises)

Is there like a syllabus or something online? Trust me...I have searched :ugh:

Traineeeatc
21st Dec 2009, 21:10
That was a ridiculous response.

I didn't mean excessive hours of training. I meant the proportion of Instrument Vs Visual flying is weighted very differently to Modular training. With modular it takes 55 Hours for the IR-MEP-SPA as opposed to 115 hrs Instrument on Integrated.

It's actually more likely that I'll go with the Modular way as it fits in better with me being a full-time Aerodrome/Approach and Area Radar Controller. Shifts will be more conducive to ATPL Distance Learning.

If anyone could help with my original query that would be great!