PDA

View Full Version : A320 line training programs worldwide

shortfinal12
21st Dec 2009, 11:11
Just wandering out of interest how many/which companies are presently offering line training programs on A320 in Europe, Middle East, Asia and Americas etc...

thanks

shortfinal12
21st Dec 2009, 11:14
with regards to airlines..

IrishJetdriver
21st Dec 2009, 11:27
To be honest you'd be out of your mind to even be thinking along those lines. It's a terrible time for jobs so please save your money and go do something else for the time being.

Good luck.

170to5
21st Dec 2009, 11:30
Dangerous question. Without shouting or calling you names:

You want a career in aviation as a co-pilot, and ultimately as a commander, presumably. How will you feel when you have your first paid flying job, which you got through hard work and a first lucky break (which is the way it's happened since the beginning of civil aviation, and is the way I got my job), and you must suffer a constant attack on your terms, conditions, and pay - which is happening at the moment, because your company has realised that getting people to pay for not only their type rating, but also for line training is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel and telling them that 'there may be a job lined up when you finish' - I can tell you, and you need to think about this, if they ACTUALLY needed pilots, do you think they'd do one of these programs or would they recruit some F/O's? There's no job, and if you think that 150 hours of line flying on a 'bus is worth anything, you're very, very much mistaken. I have a mere 700 hours on type now, and were I to be let go tomorrow, I might not get a job again for 18 months. There are that many guys on the market.

This is the way the industry works now. It is very tempting to get one of these programs and see it as a way into your first job. Sadly, it is how the company you do training with is hoping to fill the right hand seat of its aeroplanes for the forseeable future, guaranteeing that they won't need you when you finish your program, because they'll get someone else to do your job. And again, they'll be paying for the privilege.

By going on one of these programs, you are encouraging the managers in this industry to reduce the value of the pilots whose number you want to join.

countdownconundrum
21st Dec 2009, 11:40
We're not really going to advertise programs that are designed to ruin our profession and strip us of every ounce of dignity.

Do some research, sure you'll find what you're looking for, but I would think carefully about the first steps you're making in this career.. they have a habit of following you around forever!

Best of luck!

shortfinal12
21st Dec 2009, 11:51
at what point did i say anything about my interest in actually undertaking one?

i thank you guys for sharing your opinions so so promptly, but next time may i suggest not to make such presumptions.

Just interested in people answering the original question.

thanks again.

170to5
21st Dec 2009, 11:54
Mate, if someone asks you if you know the way to Tesco, do you not presume that they actually wish to go there?

And you know the depth of feeling on this matter by the wider pilot body. If you are merely researching, then would it not have made sense to make this clear?

shortfinal12
21st Dec 2009, 12:07
merely researching guys and apologise for the confusion. just thought being in a pilot forum would enhance this research.

no hard feelings

ab33t
21st Dec 2009, 14:37
As said before this is becoming a cancer and it is disturbingly becoming the norm , sadly there is always someone stepping up if you dont do it.

170to5
21st Dec 2009, 17:46
no hard feelings!

and just to be of absolutely no help, I don't know of anyone who does it for the mighty 'bus, I'm afraid! of course paying for your own TR is increasingly common, but line hours, i don't know!

student88
21st Dec 2009, 20:12
I agree with you about it being a cancer to our industry. Surely there is something we can do as a pilot community. I dread to think how it's going to be in 20 years from now. Where do you think the problem originally lies? Is it with the FTOs, the airlines or even with the trainee pilots themselves?

Wishing you all happy Christmas never the less.

S88

mukoba737
23rd Dec 2009, 05:21
hi everyone.

I posted a similar message yesterday, asking for some help in finding a line training company which is situated in switzerland.

I know they do have a lot of line trainings to offer. But my Thread got deleted and before that I got no help because everone was just mugging me as they are doing it here.

Guys, I have paid for my type rating like probably most of you. I understand that going to pay for line training is not very thoughtful towards others...but here is the thing. After paying for type rating, I need to get a job ASAP. If getting hours will help me then just let me do it and if you do not want to help me or anyone else go this direction, then please just let us find the help we need.

It is not that I know any of you personally and to be sure, even if someone tells me how wrong this is...lets be honest, in the current environment, it is a competition to get into a job.

So please if anyone knows of line training for A320 or 737 please participate in this thread.

thank you.

m737

unimuts
23rd Dec 2009, 07:19
mukoba737

I think you miss the point, several points in fact.

Your post might have been removed for advertising reasons. I'm not sure ask the Mod's.

Second point you miss is that you are suffering from short sightedness. Okay well done passing your type rating, but lots of people do it AND NO not everyone buys a type rating.

So you need a job "ASAP", who doesn't? If you want a job that much then go and drive a van or truck, If you want a job go and clean offices, go to your job centre.

We all want jobs Flying, but buying a rating and buying line training doesn't really help.

mukoba737 you only look as far as the end of your nose,now line training, but then what ? When you finish that will you then look at another 500 hours ? Then another 500 hours and on and on and on?

You can only see your problem in one way. By throwing money at it.You want a job go and find another one and wait until the market picks up in aviation.

How many pilots with time on type and total time are still without a job? ME!

You only want to hear from people who agree and confirm with your mind set and give you the answer and nothing else. When others challenge you, you dismiss there comments, rather take them on board and think.

Its your money and I wish you well.. Really I do. But others on here want to see a long term aviation career not a job and not one where you turn up and pay. Thats why they are frustrated by people buying line training as it further erodes what should be a fantastic career.

Uni

Wishing everyone seasons greetings

Halfwayback
23rd Dec 2009, 08:35
This topic has been covered in its various guises a great number of times and just elicits the same response - normally from the same people.

For those asking the questions - please read through previous posts / threads.

For those posting the same response time after time - please don't!

This thread is now closed.

HWB