PDA

View Full Version : I'm driving to Darwin from Melbourne if you want a lift

tarmac12
21st Dec 2009, 10:31
If anyone is interested I'm leaving Melbourne on the 4th of Jan for Darwin. I have two spare seats in my car if anyone is interested. Going Adelaide, Alice, detour to Kununurra possibly (from Katherine) then Darwin.

Anyone interested just PM me.

PyroTek
21st Dec 2009, 11:00
I'd come, but i'll be waiting at least a good 6 months before even thinking about taking a trip like that... and... work also..

:ok:Pyro

LambOfGod
21st Dec 2009, 11:12
What car are you driving, how much cash will you have on you?

The Green Goblin
21st Dec 2009, 11:52
Seems like a genuine offer too me. Pity there was not more on here.

Why would someone in Alabama care about a guy in Australia?

I suggest you go back to boot scootin and drinking that light beer crap with your Redneck mates :rolleyes:

VH-XXX
21st Dec 2009, 12:23
I'm left wondering why someone is insisting that the thread be locked for no reason and why it's not a legitimate post. Seems fair enough, obviously not for everyone but could be fun.

tarmac12
21st Dec 2009, 21:22
I'm looking for my first flying job and intend to get up north before the dry. I had a bloke travelling with me but he has pulled the pin last minute so to speak. Im only expecting $150 for petrol which is much less than half and probably split motels rooms.

A few beers and laughs along the way will be mandatory.

As I said in the first post in anyone would like to join me, PM me.

Unhinged
21st Dec 2009, 22:44
Tarmac,
Thanks for one of the best posts I've seen in a while. Great to see young pilots taking a co-operative rather than competitive approach to the situation ... Good luck with the trip and job hunting !!

Towering Q
21st Dec 2009, 23:44
Tarmac...watch out for LambOfGod, I think he is planning to 'car-jack' you!!:eek:

eocvictim
22nd Dec 2009, 02:14
Mate with your attitude you'll go far, good luck and I'll point some of my ex strudents your way. :ok:

Pharcarnell
22nd Dec 2009, 03:17
If you are seriosly considering a by trip west, read the weather VERY carefully around the time you intend to try it.
Although they have raised the Vic river bridge, if it rains a bit (our standard bit, not what Melbun laughingly calls rain) the road will close for up to 48 hours, I jest not.

tarmac12
22nd Dec 2009, 04:15
Thanks for the tip Pharcarnell. Had a couple of guys PM but nothing concrete yet so if anyone else wants to PM me then go ahead. I've got two seats to fill so dont be shy!

I will keep posting to let anyone know who is interested what the sitution is like up north when we get there and how the trip up pans out.

Cheers

the air up there
22nd Dec 2009, 08:40
Hey tarmac, if you get no takers from pilots head down to the nearest backpackers and stop off at a few along the way.

You never know what you will pick up.:ok::}

j3pipercub
22nd Dec 2009, 11:12
Tarmac, good luck, hope it all goes swimmingly (not literally) and you get a gig.

The Green Goblin
22nd Dec 2009, 13:00
And if you're real lucky you won't be the pilot that is whispered around the bar late at night with chuckles of clearprop :ok:

tarmac12
26th Dec 2009, 03:02
I thought I would would get lots of people wanting to go but apparently not. Are there no pilots going north for the dry this year? I know its a bit early and some people will have thier own cars but really, no one?

I will be keen to see how many arrive after I have get settled in Darwin or Kununurra. The early bird catches the worm.

tmpffisch
26th Dec 2009, 04:09
I'm heading up in a few weeks tarmac12, the way I see it, why take competition when you could take a backpacker...

j3pipercub
26th Dec 2009, 08:12
tarmac,

Perhaps the others are reticent to go up without transportation once they get up there. I for one would not be willing to get up there without a car. But what you were offering was awesome.

j3

Pandanus
27th Dec 2009, 06:07
Are there no pilots going north for the dry this year? I know its a bit early and some people will have thier own cars but really, no one?

The crowd's often late Tarmac12. It may be too early to expect to see much hiring yet, but its definitely not too early to be getting up there, setting yourself up and staking out your territory, if you'll pardon the pun. Great to see some get up and go.

Good luck with it.

blueloo
27th Dec 2009, 13:56
Don't forget your copy of the DVD "wolf Creek" :}

tarmac12
28th Dec 2009, 14:17
Well as suggested, I put a notice on a backpacker site that I was driving to Darwin and got responses straight away. They even want to give me money!
I have to go via the Great Ocean Rd but I'm sure that won't hurt. A bit let down that no budding pilots wanted to make the trip but I'm sure the European girls will be much nicer on the eye than a fresh CPL holder.

Cheers everyone for the encouragement.

tmpffisch
28th Dec 2009, 21:27
Good work tarmac12!

WannaBeBiggles
28th Dec 2009, 22:04
Good luck mate! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun on your trip ;)

myshoutcaptain
28th Dec 2009, 22:52
blueloo - had a mate who decided one wet season night , in a donger in Ngukurr was a good time to watch Wolf Creek - he finished the ending at home.:ok: