PDA

View Full Version : Before hand knowledge.

Newbiepilot
20th Dec 2009, 18:24
Hi there,

I am 14 years old, I am a South African, I live in the UAE( United Arab Emirates)and my first language is English. Hopefully when I get older I will be come a pilot. I would like to know if there are any summer camps, or schools where I can get my student pilot license that are close by when I turn 16. Thanks for the help :)

Newbie Pilot--

Grass strip basher
20th Dec 2009, 23:13
In the UAE not at a reasonable cost no. The UAE sucks when it comes to general aviation I'm afraid. South Africa would be a better bet if you have relatives there you could go and stay with.

Although at the age of 14 I think you are better of focusing on getting good grades at school. That is where to best focus your efforts at the moment rather than worrying about getting a PPL.

paco
20th Dec 2009, 23:37
Probably the nearest place would be Ras Al Kaima - there used to be a small school up there, but as grass strip says, generally no, in the UAE.

Also, as he says, keep up with your studies, especially physics. That will give you the best preparation, but there's no harm in asking for aviation study books for Christas presents! The Jeremy Pratt series (AFE) would be easiest to read for you.

Phil

SFCC
20th Dec 2009, 23:50
Whilst I can fully sympathise with your youthful keenness ( it wasnt that long ago for me!) I have to agree with the two previous respondents.
By all means keep up a healthy interest in all things 'aviation' as it will never do you any harm, but the priority MUST always be a sound academic background. Sounds dull and boring, but I promise you wont disagree in a few years time.
You will make it....I can tell by the mature posting that belies your age.
:D