PDA

View Full Version : Hevilift to be awarded EHL contract???

backberner
20th Dec 2009, 02:43
I have it on good authority that EHL will be announcing the Aviation contract this week. Contract will be awared to Hevilift.

efilnikufesin
20th Dec 2009, 20:24
where and what is the EHL contract?
cheers

catseye
20th Dec 2009, 21:54
The Moresby refueller said Abu dhabi aviation and a previous prime minister yesterday. :ok:

R.OCKAPE
20th Dec 2009, 23:34
Can anybody here translate tasmanian ?

Downthewire
21st Dec 2009, 08:24
EHL - Esso Highlands Ltd.
Building the liquified natural gas pipeline from the PNG Southern Highlands to Port Morseby

Granny
22nd Dec 2009, 02:28
Get real!-who else but Hevilift would get it!.Who owns 49% of Hevilift?
Heggio landowners. Imagine if anyone else but Hevilift got the contract, their aircraft would be rocked and burnt.

heliduck
23rd Jan 2010, 06:32
All quiet on the PNG front, what went down with the EHL contract? Should I dust off my penis gourd??

gulliBell
23rd Jan 2010, 08:03
Nothing announced officially yet, but I'll ask the refueller at Moresby tomorrow...he's sure to know!

stinkychicken
24th Jan 2010, 08:33
Can anyone tell me what the take home pay in Aus$ for a single VFR pilot with experience is in PNG at the moment

Cheers Stinky

bretto22
26th Jan 2010, 22:05
Any news on the EHL contract yet?

212bushman
27th Jan 2010, 08:33
Any truth to the rumour Heli Nuiginni & ADA are going for this contract aswell ??

downwashfixer
28th Jan 2010, 11:09
a onetalks,

Anyone have any details on the EHL contract as far as where it will be based? morro? sounds like ADA might have it in the belong here.
Any details will be helpful

dwf

gulliBell
28th Jan 2010, 18:47
Sorry, but nobody knows anything...or those that do know aren't saying. We'll all have to wait and see.

goose0201
4th Feb 2010, 07:54
sounds like pacific Rim (direct competition to HNG) and HNG have come to an "arrangment" and have put in a group tender for th EHL work

Heliringer
4th Feb 2010, 20:25
ADA working in line with an Australian company is the rumour I heard at the refueling truck yesterday.

Night Beetle
4th Feb 2010, 20:47
Interoil - could well be the golden goose for PNG, their costing or overheads must be way less, with EHL not a given at this stage it could all end in tears( landowner issues,costing blown out of the water,expensive "experts" on horrendous money,positions that could be localized with the right help of course.No FIFO issues.
If EHL goes ahead the only winners will be the pilots "approved to operate for EHL" re-badge and away they go.
To operate in PNG an AOC is required so I suspect there will be several up for "hire"

gulliBell
5th Feb 2010, 00:14
This was Hevilift's contract to lose....they were virtually assured of getting it "if their price was not ridiculously high".

Again, it still remains to be seen what happens. Keep the thumb screws tightened on those refuelers for more news!

downwashfixer
10th Feb 2010, 12:09
Heliringer.... ADA and Heliwest (oZ) and Helifix (POM, PNG) all in one big stew or so I hear. any idea on what they are tendering? 212, 412 or 139?

spinwing
10th Feb 2010, 14:48
Mmmmm ....

Hey chaps ...

Any idea why a BH212 (in a hanger in the middle east) might have a P2- registration painted on it ?????

:E

piggybank
10th Feb 2010, 19:28
Spinwing, just carrying on with the rumour, a question. Was the rego the only thing changed or was the the colour scheme changed from ADAs standard?

gulliBell
10th Feb 2010, 21:30
A 212? I didn't think Esso/Exxon used these any more....they have aircraft age limits on their aviation contract specifications.

outta track
10th Feb 2010, 21:33
Pacific Helicopters had a 212 in the middle east no so long ago i beleive? Could it be theirs?

gulliBell
10th Feb 2010, 21:58
I think that was P2-PAW...what's the rego of the helicopter spotted in the hangar in the ME??

BigMike
12th Feb 2010, 01:57
"sounds like pacific Rim (direct competition to HNG) and HNG have come to an "arrangment" and have put in a group tender for th EHL work"

That's the funniest thing I have heard all week!... I'm off to the POM Aero Club to find out the facts... ;) ... another SP please...

BTW, the 212 in the Gulf is not getting painted 'Helifix' colours is it?...

spinwing
12th Feb 2010, 04:05
Mmm ....

P2-PAW .... was the 212 returned from the Afghan with 32 7.62mm holes in its airframe .... was it not ? .... not a pretty sight.

I guess you'll all have to wait 'n see ..... ;)

goose0201
13th Feb 2010, 00:36
i thought it was a reasonably good rumour as i heard the pacific rim are unable to get their own AOC for at least another 2 months? maybe my sources (also from the POM aeroclub !!!) are incorrect but the pac rim machine has been on the ground now for the last 2 months?

outta track
13th Feb 2010, 07:23
sorry, maybe a silly question, but who is Pacific Rim where are they based and what do they operate? Thanks.

goose0201
13th Feb 2010, 08:31
Apparently they are the new kids on the block at Moresby, with 1 Bk117, the only reason they have any work is the man at the top is the "grand thiefs" son.... first name is Arther, how they were operating without an AOC, qualified engineers, no certified premisis, is a matter of concern to Hevilift, HNG, and Pacific Helicopters... who all are subject to several audits a year that require the expiry dates on the toilet paper to be within date. Luckily someone with some balls in pngcaa decided that enough was enough and have grounded them............. which is where the hng/pacifc rim rumour came from i geuss?

skippy212
14th Feb 2010, 00:15
mate!!.... might be time for me to give up the old "too,ey" and get a drive in one of these new fandangled BEE KAY machines, any jobs Heli Niugini? I hear hevilift owe you heaps of money and will be out of the race soon anyway........:E

BigMike
14th Feb 2010, 01:17
Apparently they are the new kids on the block at Moresby, with 1 Bk117, the only reason they have any work is the man at the top is the "grand thiefs" son.... first name is Arther, how they were operating without an AOC, qualified engineers, no certified premisis, is a matter of concern to Hevilift, HNG, and Pacific Helicopters... who all are subject to several audits a year that require the expiry dates on the toilet paper to be within date. Luckily someone with some balls in pngcaa decided that enough was enough and have grounded them............. which is where the hng/pacifc rim rumour came from i geuss?

goose0201, be very carefull with statements like that. This forum is not anonymous should someone decide to take legal action against you.

I know the facts behind Pac Rim, and almost everything you have said is fiction. Be carefull.

goose0201
14th Feb 2010, 01:40
it was late at night and the SP was speaking a little, just repeating what i hear around the block so to speak..... this is only a rumour network anyways:O

blackhand
14th Feb 2010, 04:40
almost everything you have said is fiction. Be carefull. So which part is fiction bigmike?

Out with it, tell us your "truth".

Cheers
BH

Squeaks
14th Feb 2010, 07:27
I know the facts behind Pac Rim, and almost everything you have said is fiction. Be carefull.

So what's the true story? Is the one BK117 the one you're flying? Whose AOC is it operating on: still on the VH register?

skippy212
14th Feb 2010, 08:14
for a new guy to this 100% reliable source of industry information, particulary in PNG...... lets be having it..... goose0201, bigmike, and whoeverelse has a good bit of gossip on whats happening on the POM heli arena, I am really thinking about getting a BK rating! could be time to move on from me old tooey!

blackhand
14th Feb 2010, 08:57
Is that you skip.

Views October 2003?

BH

BigMike
14th Feb 2010, 22:01
blackhand, some pretty broad statements there. Same warning mate, be carefull. A rumour is one thing, defamation is quite another.

Those who do a quick search on this site, can soon work out what, and who I fly for.

blackhand
14th Feb 2010, 22:24
A rumour is one thing, defamation is quite another.

Agreed, I removed most of the questions - they were not statements.

I work fixed wing in PNG but have friends on your side of the industry who have a story to tell similar to the gooses story.

Would still like to know the truth.

Cheers
BH

Semi Rigid
15th Feb 2010, 00:48
Hey Big Mike are you the chap that Heliworks put in charge out in Solomon Islands?

Skippy 212 PNG
16th Feb 2010, 02:20
I have recieved a number of emails and enquiries regarding your comments on this site. Not only because of your name but your mannerisms as well.

I was going to call myself skippy 212 workaholic but I thought it better to have PNG in there so people could tell the difference between you and I...

Anyway if anyone askes (is that you skip) I noticed someone had said that... you can tell them you must be looking the work-a-holic "skippy 212 PNG"

Skippy,
the work-a-holic, PNG.

EBCAU
16th Feb 2010, 23:31
Skippy 212, 212PNG, 212workaholic,et al.,

There's been a few depart the HNG folds lately so get that BK endorsement ready. How are your longline skills these days?

Skippy 212 PNG
17th Feb 2010, 00:17
PAW never returned from Afghanistan...

It went to the middle east.

Semi Rigid
17th Feb 2010, 01:04
Hey Skuppy have heard that Heli West in conjunction with AbuDahbi Aviation & Heli Nogut have a too one too up in your neck of the woods for Curtain Bros. road building contract?

skippy212
17th Feb 2010, 02:08
dunno who that is above me

just rumours re ada, hng, etc. nothing really happening.

skip

ps getting sick of all these C$#nts trying to wind me up

Sanguma man.
17th Feb 2010, 02:53
is a matter of concern to Hevilift, HNG, and Pacific Helicopters... who all are subject to several audits a year that require the expiry dates on the toilet paper to be within date.Bwaahahahahha.......... thats friken funny :} So, let us all in the secrets of the Mil 8's operating in PNG. do they get audited as well? :rolleyes: I guess the toilet paper in them machines has the expiry date...........and everything else in them written in Russian.
Hey, Big Mike. hows that BK looking? I see it being inspected for a register change just recently. :ok:

Sanguma man.
27th Feb 2010, 23:24
Gosh, its quiet in here. Did anyone notice the new signs on the gate? or the P2 rego on the BK lately?. :ok:

geeup
2nd Mar 2010, 00:44
So who got the contract?
Or is it still up in the air?
APNG won the fixed wing package.

spinwing
2nd Mar 2010, 04:19
Mmmm ...

PAW never returned from Afghanistan ....... It went to the middle east.

P2-PAW WAS shipped (returned) from Afghanistan to AbuDhabi as a shot up airframe ...

I believe it various (valuable) bits were scavenged and the rest probably buried.

There WILL be an ADA 212 in PNG shortly .... perhaps I will tell one of the pilots names .... a clue perhaps .... lets say ....

"He has a familial connection with PNG" ... surname first letter "S"

:E

Granny
2nd Mar 2010, 06:48
Is it PS or his son SS?

spinwing
2nd Mar 2010, 08:17
Mmmmm ....

A WINNER .... give the man above a slightly chewed second hand cigar!

...... Its Jnr.

:D

bretto22
2nd Mar 2010, 23:56
So doe's that mean ADA has the contract? What's the latest... someone just put me out of my misery.... i have a job lined up with a certain company and it all hinges on this contract.

dodgy1
4th Mar 2010, 03:15
I am with Bretto22...anybody with more specific information?????

geeup
30th Jun 2010, 02:28
Is anyone any closer to winning the contract?
What AOC is ADA running on?

Heliringer
30th Jun 2010, 02:58
Geeup,

The rumour factory says ADA are running on Heliwest's AOC.

Helilog56
30th Jun 2010, 03:06
So.......reading all the, "gossip and hear say" on this thread....reminds me of a cheap and sleazy soap opera !!!!

"Pathetic" comes to mind....!!!!

nzheliwhore
30th Jun 2010, 06:20
Pacific Rim is the new operator ( rotary and fixed wing ) based at POM. At this stage they do not have their fixed wing side happening as yet, however they have rotary work. Their BK is aussie registered and on least from a crowd in sydney. He has a kiwi guy as a chief pilot ( nice guy top bloke) Last I heard they were arranging a AS350 BA. It is run by a guy called Sione Pa-assia ( forgive the spelling on that ). He does a bit of QA around the country as well, and was formally with helinuigini. I think his AOC was the last issued by the CAA as rumour has it the PNG CAA are no longer issueing out AOC, ( unless of course you are a politician).

BigMike
2nd Jul 2010, 02:03
"Pacific Rim" .. yeah the CP is a top bloke.. ;)

CASA PNG (was CAA) is still granting AOC's... no really they are ;) Check out the new website: Civil Aviation Safety Authority PNG (http://www.casapng.gov.pg/)

BK is P2 registered, and wasn't out of Sydney. For further info procede directly to the aeroclub at Jacksons... :E

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/Micksphotos/PRA-at-Tolukuma.jpg

blackhand
2nd Jul 2010, 04:36
For further info procede directly to the aeroclub at Jacksons
Hey Mike, what time is the meeting?:E

BigMike
2nd Jul 2010, 05:22
"Hey Mike, what time is the meeting?"

... about 1700 this afternoon ;)

nzheliwhore
2nd Jul 2010, 06:11
Hah, Maybe I need my eyes checked, thought it had VH ??? on it when I last saw it a couple of months ago ( must be getting old ). Or it has since been put on PNG register. Will cast an eye in that general direct when I pass thru POM again ( very shortly ).
Drinks at the aeroclub.....mmmmmm. That guard at the top of the drive way has a real nice shot gun, and the metal detector on the guard at the door is unreliable. Think I will stick to the "Gateway".

NZH

BigMike
2nd Jul 2010, 07:00
ADA/Heli-West/Helifix 212's at Jacksons Airport, PNG

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/Micksphotos/Helifix-212.jpg

piggybank
2nd Jul 2010, 22:29
Thats a picture that gives you a lump in your underwear.

I asked permission to look round the machines a few months ago in the hangar and they were in excellent external condition. Met a load of new faces from ADA that I had not seen before.

My thoughts are that ADA will move a lot more helis in to PNG, plenty of prospects for helis with good backup of spares.

Abu Dhabi and the Arab banks loaned a lot of money and I think as well as a pound of flesh being repaid, I reckon they will want the blood too.

gulliBell
3rd Jul 2010, 11:37
The refueller was right, HL got the contract...it's been confirmed.

geeup
4th Jul 2010, 07:19
When did HL get the contract?
Are they still allowed to use 212s or just 412s?
What about the 407s heard they have order some?

Op's Normal
5th Jul 2010, 12:28
My sources tell me it was signed late last week.
412 or 212, all will be revealed, remember that is the clients call, but I hear that is all covered too.
Yes 407's have been bought, just remember HL has more than one contract in PNG.
Well done the Refueller.

the wizard of auz
8th Jul 2010, 03:24
I think his AOC was the last issued by the CAA as rumour has it the PNG CAA are no longer issueing out AOC, ( unless of course you are a politician).
Well I can assure you that statement is just crap. :hmm:

Was it actually HL that got the contract?. or was it McDermotts that got it with the 412 on HL's AOC?.

I heard a whisper that the 407's were ordered to replace all the Longrangers eventually.(wasnt the refueller.....no one can find him)

Anyone who reckons the CP of Pacific Rim is a good bloke hasn't met him. :}

geeup
9th Jul 2010, 22:31
I thought McDermotts machine was a 214?
And no link to HL??
Don't they work for South West?

the wizard of auz
11th Jul 2010, 03:12
Doh, Phat diklestic phinga. 214 is correct.
They are under HL's AOC at present... I can guarantee you of that.

geeup
14th Jul 2010, 20:54
HL just advertised for ATR42 drivers as well... is this part of EHL?
Or something else?

geeup
23rd Jul 2010, 10:16
Hevilift has EHL :ok:

gulliBell
23rd Jul 2010, 20:04
Yeah, we know....post #62.

Op's Normal
23rd Jul 2010, 22:57
I have been told the ATR's are for another contract in PNG, not EHL.

C++
30th May 2011, 22:58
Its no suprise they won this contract.:*

Given the current salaries and conditions Hevilift offer, they can easily afford to undercut their competitors.

Its great that an Australian company is breaking into the expanding Asian and Sth Pacifc rim, but it should not be to the detriment of the Pilots and Engineers. For anyone considering Hevilift as a prospective employer you should know this in advance. The following is not part of your salary package.

Yearly pay increase
Loss of licence insurance
Annual leave
Annual leave loading
Taxi allowance
Reimbursement for aviation publications.
Superannuation.
The list goes on.

EBA I hear you say! The wonderful Australian initiative that allows employers and employees to negotiate a mutually beneficial salary package. Unfortunatley it takes two to Tango and until such time head office are prepared to come to the party, Hevilift will continue to win contracts on the backs of their Pilots and Engineers (I'm sure I've seen this before):ugh:

Granny
31st May 2011, 00:22
Well-if you don't like what they have to offer ,just don't go and work for them. Fairly simple I would have thought.
Reinbursement for Aviation publications?
Annual leave on a PNG touring job?
Loss of licence insurance?
C++ you couldn't work for Hevilift anyhow-they have have drug free workplace policy.

Canadian Rotorhead
31st May 2011, 00:36
Granny from SKL?

Greetings!

C++
31st May 2011, 03:08
Thanks Granny

I’m not on drugs, but obviously, I am delusional. Fancy suggesting that Hevlift PNG move into the 21st century and reward people a comparable salary to their peers.
Actually I was referring to Hevilift in its entirety

EML Longford, Australia, home every night, company car, annual leave,
superannuation, and a starting salary of 160K, plus other benefits.

These conditions, allowances, and benefits presently not on offer at Hevilift are not new to the industry. I'll concede the company car is a rarity, but it’s a good measure of what can be achieved if you have a united group.
All I'm saying is, if Hevilift want to mix it up with the "big boys" then they will need to meet the going market rate. The EBA process is a proven way in achieving a good outcome for both parties. What have you got to lose?

Too Cloudy
31st May 2011, 06:20
Pupuk three getting to you C++ ;)